Call for Nominations: Order of Collingwood & Companion of the Order
Collingwood, ON [Monday, September 28, 2020] - The Order of Collingwood is an annual time-honoured tradition recognizing exemplary volunteerism within the community by people who improve social, well-being, natural or cultural environment, or recreational character of the Town of Collingwood. This awards program recognizes the vital role of these volunteers whose contributions strengthen our community, making Collingwood an enviable place to live, work, and play.
Order of Collingwood Nomination Process & Requirements:
- The nominee must volunteer in the Town of Collingwood, to the primary benefit of the Collingwood community, and have received no remuneration or financial benefit from the volunteer participation or service;
- The nominees do not need to be a resident of the Town of Collingwood, as long as the volunteer contributions benefit the community and residents of the Town of Collingwood;
- The nominees volunteer contributions must have been made on a continuous basis over a period of time not less than two years with the exception of youth volunteerism;
- The nominee must not be a member of the current Municipal Council;
- Awards may be awarded/presented posthumously
The Companion of the Order nominee must follow the same requirements as listed above, but awarded to a former Order of Collingwood recipients, who through their continued volunteer efforts improve the overall character in Collingwood for a period not less than five years.
For more information on the nomination criteria please visit our website at: www.collingwood.ca/order
Completed nomination packages should not exceed 4 pages and include:
- Electronically Completed Nomination form
- A letter of support from the Nominator (digital format no more than 1 page / 500 words)
- Two (2) additional letters of support (digital format no more than 1 page / 500 words)
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, October 30, 2020 submitted electronically to: