Central Park Arena Opening on Monday, August 17
As of Monday, August 17, the Town of Collingwood is pleased to announce the re-opening of Central Park Arena for ice rentals, with a modified schedule of Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM and with special Return to Play instructions.
As the Town welcomes the public back to the Central Park Arena, the safety of staff and users is a top priority. A new Return to Play procedure has been developed in accordance with standards and directives set by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and the Ontario government.
Special Instructions for Central Park Arena:
- The Town of Collingwood is permitting a maximum of 25 participants on the ice (including instructors).
- Ice rentals are limited to skill development only (absolutely NO game play of any sorts).
- Dressing rooms are not available at this time. Groups must arrive at the arena fully dressed and wait outside the front doors a minimum of 15 minutes prior to rental. A staff member will meet the group and usher them in to chairs where they can put on their skates, helmets, and gloves.
- Masks are mandatory when entering and leaving the arena (but not on the ice)
- Rental groups are asked to vacate the premises within 15 minutes of their ice time
- No spectators are permitted. Participants under 18 may have 1 parent enter to tie skates, but then must vacate immediately afterwards.
To contact the Central Park Arena, review the ice schedule, or book a rental, please contact Darin Potts, Registration and Permit Coordinator, at email@example.com
Special Rental Instructions:
- Fill in and submit the COVID-19 Recreation Facility User Safety Plan
- Sign and submit the Terms and Conditions document
- Fill in and submit the Participant Log/Visitor Screening form (3rd Party COVID-19 Terms of Reference form)
Discover the full Rental and Return to Play Instructions
Learn more about Collingwood’s Indoor and Outdoor Recreation Facilities