Collingwood Museum implementing new summer hours
The Station, which is home to The Collingwood Museum and South Georgian Bay Tourism, will be implementing new summer hours of operation beginning Monday, July 1, 2019.
The new summer hours are designed to more effectively respond to visitor traffic trends, industry norms, the Museum’s summer programming schedule, and upcoming changes to the South Georgian Bay Tourism operational model.
The summer hours are as follows:
- Mondays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesdays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesdays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM weather dependent)
- Thursdays 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Fridays CLOSED (Tourism Office will operate an info booth outside The Station from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Saturdays 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sundays CLOSED (Tourism Office will operate an info booth outside The Station from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Stat holidays CLOSED
The new Friday closure will allow Collingwood Museum staff to focus on Phase 3 of the Gallery Redesign Project.
In having Museum staff available in The Station on Saturdays, the community’s access to the collection for research purposes will increase. Previously, this access was limited to mid-week. Researchers are encouraged to book an appointment today!
Check out the Collingwood Museum’s website at www.collingwood.ca/museum for a full listing of summer programming.