Collingwood Transit Update: Fares & Front-Door Boarding being reinstated
On Monday, July 27, Colltrans and The Blue Mountain Link will be reinstating transit fare collection and front-door boarding for all riders.
Colltrans and The Blue Mountain Link will also be following the newly introduced Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Public Transit Safety Guidelines, and recommendations from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit to ensure passengers and employees are kept safe as more people go back to work during COVID-19.
In keeping with these recommended guidelines, the Town is requesting that ALL customers follow these protocols:
- Passengers and drivers are required to wear non-medical masks or face coverings, as per Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit. While masks or face coverings will be required, we understand there are circumstance for children and people with disabilities, or other medical conditions, that prevent them from wearing a mask.
- Masks are required in the Downtown Transit Terminal.
- Maintaining physical distance between people whenever possible.
- Removing all personal belongings and waste upon departure.
- Sneezing into their elbow, using hand sanitizer, and washing hands properly.
- Do not take transit if you are feeling sick with fever, cough, or have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Colltrans will continue to operate on the Sunday schedule until further notice. The Blue Mountain Link will operate on its normal schedule. Hand sanitizer stations are available on the bus and are recommended to be used when boarding the bus. Passengers are asked to obey all signage on the bus as they have been posted as a reminder to follow all protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
August Transit Passes will be available for purchase at the Collingwood Public Library (during current operating hours) and at Town Hall (on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Riders will be required to follow Library Patron and Town Hall protocols when entering these facilities.
Learn more about Collingwood Transit