Council Highlights - Monday, February 24, 2020
February 25, 2020
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Members of Council commented on CAO Fareed Amin's new grandchild, Empower Simcoe Landlord Info Forum, County garbage/recycling schedules and blue bin availability, International Women's Day events, and Collingwood Clippers news
- Trevor Henson presented on Anti-Bullying Awareness and Pink Shirt Day
- Council received the consent agenda items including proclamations for International Women's Day and Probus Month.
- Council approved the Hospice Georgian Triangle event parking request.
- Council received the minutes for the Library Board and Police Services Board.
Development and Operations Services Standing Committee:
- Council approved recommendations on:
- Huron and Niagara Crosswalk Budget Request
- Annual Water Compliance Report
- Blue Mountain Transit Partner Agreement Extension
- Extension of Draft Approval for Bridgewater on Georgian Bay Plan subdivision
- Part Lot Control Exemption for 804 Hurontario Street and approved By-law
- Authorization By-law to execute an Amending Site Plan Control Agreement at 2 Mountain Road (Sleep Country) and approved By-law
- Part Lot Control Exemption for Riverside Townhouses and approved By-law
- Deputy Mayor Hull commented on County service providers and project management transformation funding.
- Councillor Comi presented on International Women's Day with additional information provided by Councillor Jeffery.
- Councillor Doherty presented on the AMO Waste Task Force
- Councillor Hamlin commented on public right-of-ways and snowmobile/pedestrian conflicts on Town Trails.
- Council went In-Camera to discuss 1) Pretty River Estates Phase 2 - Minutes of Settlement, 2) Huntingwood Trail Appeal, and 3) Organizational Changes.
Rise and Report:
- Council approved the Minutes of Settlement - Pretty River Estates Phase 2
- Mayor Saunderson announced the resignation of CAO Fareed Amin and Council approved that Executive Director Sonya Skinner will be the Acting CAO
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net