Council Highlights - Monday, June 24, 2019
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Council promoted a number of community events, including but not limited to Canada Day Festivities, Come Alive @ 5 summer shopping and dining on Thursdays and Fridays in the early evenings, and Engage Collingwood opportunities for public feedback.
- Council also reminded drivers to watch for pedestrians, children, and cyclists.
- Council approved a Sidewalk Patio By-law Exemption Request by Heather Favalaro, owner of the Shop Homme Femme, that allows for a one year pilot project for the use of a food and beverage patio.
Strategic Initiatives Standing Committee:
- Council approved the Strategic Asset Management Policy, which will be posted on the Town’s website.
- Council authorized the increase of budget for the Sanitary Renewal Project by a total of $170,000, for a total construction portion of the budget of $1,170,000.
Development & Operations Services Standing Committee:
- Council received the analysis of Collingwood’s inventory of potential residential units.
- Council approved the by-law to authorize the execution of a Site Plan Control Agreement for the development known as Sunbelt Rentals located at 3 Greco Court.
- Council approved a by-law to execute a Site Plan Control Agreement for the development of a parking lot at 124 Ontario Street and 174 St. Paul Street.
- Council approved a by-law to rezone property from the Recreation Exception Seven (REC-7) zone to the Downtown Core Commercial Exception Five (C1-5) zone to permit the development of a commercial business office (Parkbridge Lifestyle Communities Inc).
- Council approved a by-law to authorize the execution of a Site Plan Control Agreement for the development known as Shipyards Side Launch 2.
- Council approved a by-law to authorize the execution of a Site Plan Control Agreement for the development known as Pretty River Residence located at 90 & 92 Raglan Street.
- Council approved that the Official Plan review to be undertaken in coordination with completed updates to the Community Based Strategic Plan and in a phased approach respecting the outstanding reviews, plans, and other matters identified herein that may impact the review scope and timing. Council also authorized the issuance of a request for proposals for consultant services to lead the Official Plan review based generally on the form of the draft Terms of Reference attached subject to any changes and flexibility as may be required based on the resolution/timing of the outstanding matters.
- Council waived the collection of Cash in Lieu for the provisional consent to sever a property located at 52 Broadview Street based on an evaluation of the specific circumstances unique to this severance, and that any future request be consider on its own merits.
- Council directed staff to prepare a report in regards to the Heritage Bylaw and how the issue of the demolition of Heritage building can be addressed.
Notice of Motion:
- Mayor Saunderson gave notice of motion to eliminate the use of single-use plastics.
- Councillor Jeffrey proposed press parking passes.
- Councillor Doherty proposed a request for street sweeping on local County of Simcoe roads.
- Councillor Comi received an update on the Hamilton Drain Trail Crossover and the Asset Sale Proceeds public engagement.
- Councillor Hamlin gave an update from the Youthful Cities conference.
- Mayor Saunderson gave an update from the Great Lakes AGM on responsible stewardship of the Great lakes.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net