Council Highlights - Monday, March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Clerk Almas provided background to the By-law for emergency and unforeseen events that allows electronic participation of no more than four members of Council at once; as quorum must be present in person. Electronic participants have the ability to join in the conversation, participate in the meeting, and vote, however are not permitted to participate in In-camera.
- Council approved an amendment to Procedural By-law 2019- 075 to include provisions for electronic participation for Council and Standing Committee.
- Mayor Saunderson provided a public announcement regarding COVID-19, assuring residents of Collingwood their health and safety are primary focus. Mayor Saunderson reviewed measures put in place by the Town; advised all Town Council, Committee and Board meetings are postponed indefinitely; and confirmed essential services will continue to be provided.
- Council approved the processing of the proposed Pilkington battery storage facility as a minor adjustment to a site plan control agreement and the site plan development drawings for the proposed Pilkington battery storage facility at 10001 Highway 26, subject to conditions.
- Council approved the execution of a purchase and sale agreement to sell the surplus portion of a lane adjacent to 27 Simcoe Street, and further stop up and close the necessary portion of lane from public access.
Rise and Report:
- Council approved continuing the appointment of CAO Fareed Amin with next steps including the effective date for the acting CAO appointment to be discussed at the regular meeting of Council scheduled for April 20, 2020.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net