Council Highlights - Monday, March 25, 2019
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- There will be booths set up around Collingwood for the Canadian Cancer Society's Daffodil Campaign.
- YMCA "Move To Give" fundraising event is on April 6. Activities may include cycling and aquafit.
- The sale of the Collingwood Regional Airport has closed.
- Council heard Staff, Developer, and public comment on Proposed Zoning By-law Amendments relating to Bridgewater on Georgian Bay. This amendment will be given future consideration.
- Council heard Staff, Developer, and public comment on Proposed Official Plan Amendment and Zoning By-law Amendment relating to Pretty River Estates. These amendments will be given future consideration.
- Trevor Henson presented on the recently launched Anti-Bullying Campaign and Club.
- Various groups presented on the Living Waters Site Plan.
Development & Operations Services Standing Committee:
- Council approved a by-law to authorize the execution of a Site Plan Control Agreement for property municipally addressed as 201 Raglan Street between Jasper Group Inc., Bay Haven Nursing Home Incorporated and the Town of Collingwood.
- Council granted a permit with amendment for tree-cutting on vacant lands prior to site plan approval for the Sunbelt Rentals development.
- Council approved an Encroachment Agreement for 33 Ste. Marie Street.
- Council approved a Development Agreement for 25 Katherine Street.
- Council authorizes an amending Site Plan Agreement for Living Waters - Phase 4.
- Council approves the 2018 Annual Wastewater Compliance Report and the Clearview Wastewater Management Agreement.
Strategic Initiatives Standing Committee:
- Council receives the Town's Strategic Financial Plan.
- Council approves changes to Council Renumeration.
- Council authorizes the pre-budget procurement of Capital budget items as outlined.
- Council receives a report on 2018 Statement of Renumeration Paid to Council and Appointed Board Members.
- Council receives a report on expenses excluded from the 2019 budget.
- Council approves the 2019 Operating & Capital Budget
- Councillor Jeffrey reports on key items from the FCM, which include a one-time doubling of gas tax money, $950mil for green access, rural broadband expansion, and federal/municipal relationship strengthening.
- Council appoints new members to the Trails Advisory Committee and the Museum Advisory Committee.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net