Council Highlights - Monday, May 25, 2020
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Council reported on various community announcements and events, emphasized residents to continue to social distance and follow provincial guidelines, and advised the Collingwood Public Library has re-opened for curbside pickup.
Development & Operations Services Standing Committee
- Council authorized Staff to finalize and execute the Winter Service Agreement with the Township of Clearview.
- Council received the 2019 Annual Wastewater Compliance Report.
- Council approved the Boundary Line Highway Service Agreement with the Town of the Blue Mountains.
- Council supports the Town of Bracebridge in lobbying the provincial and federal governments to implement a ban of single-use disposable wipes.
- Council approves to petition the federal, provincial, and territorial orders of government to standardize the allowable labeling of single-use disposable wipes to clearly indicate that they cannot be flushed and that Town of Collingwood department of environmental services develop an education program for all system users in the Town of Collingwood.
- Executive Director Collver advised work has resumed at Sunset Point, noting the contractor has complete the scheduled work ahead of time and has the capacity to take on additional damage and restoration work within the existing budget and no additional funding is needed, and advised the park is scheduled to re-open June 1.
- Council authorizes the change in meeting time for regular meetings of Council and Standing Committees to return to 5:00 PM effective immediately for the duration of the declaration of emergency.
- Council endorses Councillor Deb Doherty to stand for election on AMO's Board of Directors and Small Urban Caucus, and Council will assume all costs associated with Councillor Deb Doherty attending AMO's Board of Directors meetings up to the allocated approved budgeted amount.
- Council endorsed the recommendation of the Oakville Economic Task Force to suspend evictions of commercial tenants for a minimum of six months, and to enhance the terms and ease of access to the Ontario-Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance program, and will forward the motion to the appropriate upper levels of government, including FCM and AMO.
- Council requested an update on the Harbourview Trail Boardwalk. Executive Director Collver advised the project is in contract development and work on the burnt section should begin shortly.
- Acting CAO Skinner provided an update on the judicial inquiry, noting the anticipated timeline has not changed.
- Council inquired about using the Emergency Relief Fund to support staff with extenuating needs.
- Council requested a MOU update between the Town and the BIA.
- Council proceeded in-camera to discuss Trails & Active Transportation Advisory Committee appointments, Acting CAO Performance Plan
- Council appointed new members to the Trails and Active Transportation Advisory Committee.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net