Council Highlights - Monday, May 27, 2019
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Council promoted a number of community events, including but not limited to National Health & Fitness Day, Treeplanting at Harbourview Park, Accessibility Info Fair at the Library, the Water Summit, and the Golf with the Mayor event.
- Deputy Mayor Hull promoted the Simcoe County Collects waste management mobile app.
- Councillor Hamlin encouraged residents to view the new Interactive Development Maps at www.collingwood.ca
- Huronia Community Foundation presented on Community Fund opportunities.
- Council approved Municipal Regional Review comments.
- Council approved Town involvement in an economic development trip to Katano, Japan.
Development & Operations Services Standing Committee:
- Council approved the new Building By-law and Permit Fees.
- Council approved repeal of By-law No. 2005-033 with amendment.
- Council approved the request for a new Plans Examiner Position.
- Council approved the discharge of Site Plan Agreement; 1104558 Ontario Inc. (Van Dolder); Registered Plan 51M-1154
- Council approved a Part Lot Control Exemption By-law to allow 18 lots to be created within Block 3, 4, 5, 6 of Registered Plan 51M-1124.
- Council approved an amended motion regarding comment on the Ontario Government’s Bill 108.
- Mayor Brian Saunderson commented on a recent tour of Simcoe County’s new affordable housing complex in Collingwood.
- Councillor Comi and Director MacDonald commented on the planned construction of a crossover at the Hamilton Drain Trail Crossing at Hurontario Street.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net