Council Highlights - Monday, November 25, 2019
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Members of Council promoted the Out of the Cold site and opening, local "warm clothes" drives and donation opportunities, Town website and Engage Collingwood site, Indigenous 150+ event, Library Complimentary Gift Wrapping dates, United Way initiatives, and Simcoe Street Theatre events.
Development & Operations Services Standing Committee:
- Council approved Heritage Committee minutes.
- Council approved the Official Plan Amendment for Balmoral Village and passed the related by-law.
- Council approved the proposed Deeming By-law for 23 and 25 Maple Street and passed the related by-law.
- Council approved Sunset Point High Water and Storm Damage Remediation
- Council approved the installation of new sidewalk on the East side of Hurontario Street between Lockhart Road and Golfview Drive, with an amendment to replace removed trees with 118 new trees.
- Council authorizes the execution of a collective bargaining agreement between the Town and the Collingwood Professional Fire Fighters Association Local 938.
- Council approves participation in the FCM Partners for Climate Protection Program.
- Council defers decisions on support for the decision making of the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority committee.
- Councillor Hamlin discusses the Youth United application process and programs.
- Councillor Jeffery inquires about shoreline policies.
- Mayor Saunderson discusses his Economic Development trip to Katano, Japan and also updates on the Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net