Council Highlights - Wednesday, November 13, 2019
November 14, 2019
The Rogers TV broadcast of this meeting will be available online at rogerstv.com.
- Members of Council commented on the HoHoHoliday 5km, Santa Clause Parade, Downtown Treelighting and fireworks, Canada Music Week, Human Society Events, Movember, Colts gala, CYC Youth Advisory Board, Social Innovation event, Remembrance Day and Legion Dinner, and Town Hall exhibit.
- Dave Steele from the Collingwood Colts gave an update on successes of the new junior hockey team.
Strategic Initiatives Standing Committee:
- Council received the Grain Terminals Next Steps - White Paper and approved to move forward with public consultation on next steps as well as assessment of the timber foundations.
- Council approved amendments to the Procedural By-law.
- Council directs staff to undertake public consultation on the proposed Lobbyist Registry Program and report back.
- Council received the annual report of non-standard and emergency purchases.
- Council directs Staff to implement the By-law Enforcement Policy.
Corporate & Community Services Standing Committee:
- Council approved meeting minutes from the Collingwood Downtown BIA Board of Management, the Trails Advisory Committee, and Museum Advisory Committee including the Museum Strategic Plan.
- Council approved the pursuit of funding for collaboration with the Georgian Bay Forever Microplastics Reduction initiative.
- Council directs Staff to develop Pretty River Parkway Median designs that effectively manage risks.
- Council authorizes the strategy for project completion on the Fisher Fieldhouse Project.
- Council authorizes the strategy for project completion on the Sunset Point Park Playground.
- Council approves support for efforts to develop a Never Forgotten National Memorial.
Notice of Motion:
- Councillor Jeffery discusses a climate protection program partnership with FCM.
- Councillor McLeod discusses support for Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority committee on decision making.
- Deputy Mayor Hull reports on County garbage pickup issues and the passing of the County Budget.
- CAO Amin and Director Collver give an update on recent shoreline damage and the possibility for emergency remediation work.
- Councillor Comi and Director MacDonald provide an update on the new Hamilton Drain Trail Crossing.
- Councillor Hamlin discusses recent conferences she has attended that encourage diverse consultation and input in communities.
Agendas and Minutes are available online at: https://collingwood.civicweb.net