CYC Canteen Pop-up Summer Entrepreneur Opportunity
The Collingwood Youth Centre, in partnership with the Environment Network and Elephant Thoughts, is seeking an entrepreneurial youth aged 15-29 to lead the development and validation of a business plan for a youth operated pop-up canteen.
This entrepreneur would be part of the Summer Company program operated by the Small Business Enterprise Centre of South Georgian Bay. As part of this program they would receive $3000 for the development and validation of this youth operated pop-up canteen, in addition to extensive mentorship and expert support.
- Must comply with Summer Company requirements and eligibility checklist
- Apply through Summer Company application process by July 5 at 4:30 p.m.
- By July 5, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org an overview of your skills and experience including:
- A cover letter summarizing why the applicant feels they are most suited to be selected for this prestigious project as well as the key challenges & concerns they have with entering the Summer Company program, should they be selected
- A resume that in 2 pages or less demonstrated education and experience relevant to this opportunity including prior exposure to foodservice and sales/customer service
- If a suitable applicant is not found, the organizers reserve the right to not implement this project
- In addition to financial support, the entrepreneur would have an extensive range of advisors to work with including:
- A local Chef to help with food selection and preparation advice;
- Elephant Thoughts and Environment Network for operational considerations;
- Town of Collingwood community engagement and business development resources;
- Business Development Centre of South Georgian Bay experts on business plan and financial development;
- Food entrepreneurs in Collingwood and South Georgian Bay
The entrepreneur would be expected to deliver the following by the end of the summer:
- A detailed business plan including competitive analysis, target customer identification, company/organizational structure & liability coverage plan, contextual limitations that would prevent the pop-up canteen from operating 12 months of the year, collaborators critical to the success of the plan
- A pro forma financial projection for the break-even operation of this pop-up canteen
- Concept validation at 3 different occasions during the summer. Locations must include at minimum 1 canteen-pop at Central Park and 1 canteen pop-up at the Farmers Market.
- A 20 minute pitch presentation to the Board of CYC on why they should implement the pop-up canteen business plan in 2019/20
Questions about this Canteen Pop-up Project:
- please email email@example.com