Fire Permits are Required for all Outdoor Fires in Collingwood
As we enjoy the Summer Season, campfires and burning yard waste is increasingly popular. Please take notice of the Town of Collingwood’s fire safety rules and regulations, and the message from Health Officials about this crucial time of limiting the spread of COVID-19.
- Open Air Burning Permits ARE REQUIRED for ALL outdoor fires within the Town of Collingwood.
- Do not burn your yard waste.
- You must exercise physical distancing and avoid gathering in groups.
- Please make safe and healthy decisions when deciding to have a campfire.
- Stay tuned for regional fire ban updates from the Province. Collingwood does not currently have a fire ban in place.
Fire Services is extending existing 2019 fire permits until regular services resume and then you can come in to get your 2020 permits. New permits will require screening. For 2020 screening, call the Fire Department at 705-445-3920 Ext. 7503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burning guidelines in Collingwood have not changed and are available HERE.
“Fire Pit” means a pit not more than 1 meter (3 feet) in diameter, requiring not less than 7.5 meters (25 feet) of clearance between the fire and any building, structure, property line, tree, hedge, fence, roadway, overhead wires or any other combustible article;
The fire pit must be enclosed on all sides and constructed of masonry, concrete, stone, heavy gauge metal or other non-combustible materials. The flames from the fire are no higher than 0.5 meters (1.6 feet) above ground level.
- Fire Pit (maximum 3 feet in diameter, 25 feet clearance)
“Outdoor Fireplace” means a manufactured non-combustible enclosed container such as fire bowls with spark arrestors on the top or chimineas. This type of permit requires not less than 4.5 meters (15 feet) of clearance between the fireplace and any building or structure, property line, tree, hedge, fence, roadway, overhead wires, or other combustible article.
- Fire bowl (15 feet clearance)
- Chiminea (15 feet clearance)
Burn cautious. Burn Safe!