Getting Your Business Ready to Re-Open
Getting your business back on track begins now.
The Province has laid out a framework for reopening that includes some important guidelines.
1. Open in-store by appointment and/or by limiting the number of people in the store at any one time. Retailers would need to restrict the number of customers per square metre — for example, one customer per 4 square metres (43 square feet) — to ensure physical distancing of 2 metres at all times.
2. Sourcing the recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) recommended in the guidelines is not always easy however below is a listing of local resources.
• General guide to preventing COVID-19 in the workplace
• A Framework For Reopening Our Province
• Posters for the Essential Workplace and Sector-Specific Guidelines
• Guidance on Health and Safety for the Retail Sector
• Curbside Pick-up 10 Point Checklist for Businesses in Collingwood
Where To Get PPE Locally:
Below is a list of PPE suppliers (starting with local first) which we will continue to expand details on as more becomes available. It’s a great place to start!
• Collingwood Commons
• A’s Supply
• Bayside Sales and Service
• 365 Sports
• HELP First Aid
Provincial PPE Suppliers:
• Camden Passage (local distributor, product made in the UK)
• Dimacheminc (Windsor ON – approximately 3 day lead time)
• Check out the Workplace PPE Supplier Directory for the Province of Ontario
• Ministry of Health Workplace Guidelines
• Tips for safely operating retail stores in Collingwood