"Gift it Forward" Parking Ticket Campaign
“Gift it Forward! - Ticket Campaign” (November 28-December 9, 2022)
The Town invites anyone who has received a parking ticket (excluding fire route and accessible parking violations) between Monday, November 28 and Friday, December 9, 2022 to pay the fine amount by donating a new children’s toy or nonperishable food items equal to or greater than value than the ticket.
Examples of parking tickets that may be paid with a donation include: overnight parking, failing to pay for parking, and parking/stopping in area prohibited by sign.
Toys / food can be donated by attending Town Hall Monday to Friday between 8:30a.m. and 4:30p.m. All items collected will be distributed to local charitable organizations over the Holiday Season.
To be eligible to participate:
• The ticket must be issued between November 28 and December 9, 2022.
• The ticket can be any parking violation, excluding fire route and accessible parking violations.
• The toy / food items must be of equal or greater value of the fine amount indicated on the parking ticket.
• The toy must be new, unwrapped and in its original packaging.
• Food must be nonperishable and unopened.
• The item’s receipt and parking ticket must be presented at time of donation.
• The donation must be received in person at Town Hall before 12:00p.m. on December 12, 2022.
For full details about parking in Collingwood, please visit www.collingwood.ca/parking