Gift it Forward Parking Ticket Campaign Returns
The Town invites anyone who receives a parking ticket (excluding fire route and accessible parking violations) between Monday, November 28, and Friday, December 9, 2022, to pay the fine amount in the form of a new, unwrapped children’s toy, or non-perishable food items equal to or greater than the value of the ticket issued.
The Town’s “Gift it Forward” parking ticket campaign, affectionately referred to as “Toys for Tickets”, has been a success in years past and will help families and individuals in need this holiday season. Donations collected will be distributed to local charitable organizations.
Toys and food items can be donated by attending Town Hall at 97 Hurontario St. Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To be eligible to participate:
- The ticket must be issued between November 28 and December 9, 2022.
- The ticket can be any parking violation, excluding fire route and accessible parking violations.
- Toy/ food items must be of equal to or greater than the value of the fine amount indicated on the parking ticket.
- The toy must be new, unwrapped, and in its original packaging.
- Food items must be non-perishable and unopened.
- The item’s receipt and parking ticket must be presented at the time of donation.
- The donation must be received in person at Town Hall before 12:00p.m. on December 12, 2022.
For more information, visit the Parking in Collingwood page of our website.