Mayor, Fire Chief, & OPP Inspector Provide a Community Update
On Friday, May 15, Mayor Brian Saunderson, Fire Chief Ross Parr, and Inspector Mary Shannon (OPP) provided an update to local media via a videoconference that was also livestreamed on Youtube.
They continued to stress the importance of staying at home, exercising physical distancing, and self-isolating so that we can limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Fire Services encourages all to check carbon monoxide and smoke detectors at home, and thanks residents for being safe while cooking and enjoying outdoor fires.
- Police Services now has a boat in the water that is ready to respond to emergencies.
- Police Services will be patrolling the community during the long weekend, including parks and trails, to ensure there is no gatherings and that physical distancing is being exercised.
- For neighbourhood concerns (noise, property issues, parking, animal control, etc), reach out to Collingwood's By-Law Enforcement Officers at email@example.com or 705-445-1030 ext. 3256. Online Complaint Form
- Report minor crime online at opp.ca/reporting
- For emergencies call 9-1-1
- Province enters Phase 2 of their plan for businesses re-opening. Local businesses can offer curbside pick-up.
- Boat Launch on Heritage Drive will be open on Saturday, May 16 for recreational use.
- Economic Support & Recovery Task Force providing final recommendations to Council next week.
- Optimist Club coordinating PPE supplies. Collingwood Commons offering list of local PPE suppliers.
- Salvation Army offering full food bank.
- Thank you Nurses on the front-line during Nurses Week!
- Please stay home and respect physical distancing.
- COVID-19 Information Portal
- Business Recovery Resources
- Municipal Relief Measures for Residents and Businesses
- COVID-19 Updates from Mayor Saunderson
The Town of Collingwood has proactively implemented a number of temporary measures to help get ahead of COVID-19 and to protect residents, staff, and businesses. Town Staff and Council are working hard to safeguard the best interests of the community while continuing to successfully deliver Town Services.
The Town of Collingwood will continue to track financial costs and will look for additional ways to collaborate with the County, Municipal partners, and the local hospital.
Learn how to protect yourself and your family and support our community at www.collingwood.ca/covid