NOTICE - Building Services Disruptions Due to COVID-19
Further to the service disruptions announced on March 17, 2020, the Province of Ontario has ordered the closure of non-essential construction businesses at 11:59 PM April 4, 2020. Please click here for the updated list.
The directive from the Province of Ontario will impact Building Inspection service levels in the Town of Collingwood. Until further notice, Building Inspections will now only be conducted for residential construction projects satisfying the following criteria:
- A Building Permit was issued prior to April 5, 2020 for single family, semi-detached and townhomes (row houses).
- A Building Permit was issued prior to April 5, 2020 for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, or
- Residential renovations and construction work that was started before April 4, 2020.
We want to ensure that your project is construction ready so you can start as soon as possible when the Order is lifted:
- We continue to accept building permit applications through our e-Permit online service and we will continue to process and issue building permits for all building types.
- Please note: notwithstanding a permit may be issued during this time, physical construction for these projects is not authorized unless they are deemed to be essential by the Emergency Order referred to above, or the Emergency Order expires or has been lifted.
We continue to monitor this situation on a daily/weekly basis and notification will be provided on any change to the above temporary service levels. Please ensure Physical Distancing and safety measures outlined in our Safe Work Practice is maintained at all time for our Building Inspectors.
Greg Miller, BSS, CBCO, C.E.T.
Chief Building Official
Learn more about Building Services