NOTICE - Collingwood Transit Operations Continue March 16 to 21
The Town of Collingwood will continue to operate Public Transit this week (March 16 to 21) with normal service hours and routes unless notified otherwise. The Town of Collingwood is in contact with other local transit agencies as well as transit agencies within the GTHA to determine the status of operations of transit. Currently, transit services within the province are still in operation, with larger transit agencies reducing service in some areas. The TTC has advised that Toronto Public Health considers public transit as Low-Risk for contacting Covid-19, however, it is recommended that public transit be used only if absolutely necessary. The Town will follow the direction of local health officials if the risk of riding public transit changes.
Other Helpful Considerations
Please do not use public transit if:
- You have recently travelled outside of Canada
- You have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19
- You feel unwell (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
What steps are the Town of Collingwood taking to prevent transmission of Covid-19 on transit?
- Each of the buses are being disinfected on a nightly basis with all seating, grab points, driver areas being cleaned.
- Disinfectant wipes are available on the bus for drivers and passengers to use when embarking or disembarking the bus.
- Drivers are being instructed to disinfect any flat surfaces or touch points on the bus on an hourly basis (when safe to do so).
How can I load my monthly pass, if Town facilities are closed?
- If you have a monthly pass that expires within the next month, and town facilities are not open to purchase a new pass, cash payments will be accepted.
How will I know if transit services become cancelled?
- If transit services become cancelled there will be notification on the Town of Collingwood website www.collingwood.ca. Please check daily as to the status of operations.
We encourage all transit riders to follow the recommendations of the local health service which can be found at http://www.simcoemuskokahealth.org/Promos/Novel-Coronavirus and practice habits and procedures for prevention of spread of the virus.
Learn more about Town of Collingwood Transit