NOTICE - Noise Exemption on Huron Street
June 26, 2020
Bylaw Enforcement, Corporate Service, Public Works
Please take notice that a Noise Exemption has been issued at 70 Huron Street to Parkbridge Lifestyle from Sunday, June 28 at 10:00 PM to Monday, June 29 at 7:00 AM due to installation of a water service that will involve the use of an excavator, front-end loader, dump truck, and generator through the night due to the high traffic on Huron Street during regular daytime hours.
Section 4.1 of the Town of Collingwood Noise By-law No. 2018-032 states that:
- No person shall emit, cause or permit the emission of noise from any activity set out in Column 1 of Schedule “A” to this By-law except during the periods of time set out in Column 2 of Schedule “A”.” Item 2 in Schedule “A” permits the operation or use of any Construction Equipment in connection with a Site Alteration within an Active Development Monday to Friday between the hours of 7AM to 7PM.
The conditions of the temporary noise exemption are as follows:
- The term of the temporary noise exemption is for: Sunday. June 28, 2020 starting at 10:00 PM to Monday, June 29, 2020 at 7:00 AM;
- Arnott Construction will make every effort to reduce the level of noise produced by the construction equipment and generator to lessen the effect on the surrounding residents;
- Arnott Construction shall advise the affected property owners of the reason for the construction equipment and generator commencing on a Sunday through to Monday morning as best as possible through written notice. This notice is to be provided no later than June 27prior to Sunday June 28, 2020 to avoid any complaints being submitted after-hours and include contact information should anyone have questions or concerns to the work being undertaken;
- A copy of this notice shall be provided to the Town prior to being circulated to the affected residents, and is to include the radius of residents it is being circulated to;
- The person who will be supervising the activity for which the exemption is being sought shall be available at all times to address any noise issues should complaints be received. Such persons have been noted in the application as: Darren Contois 705-627-9822 and Rick Doran 705-794-0664
- Should the noise generated by the construction equipment and generator cause hardship to the surrounding resident(s), the Town has the ability to revoke this exemption if deemed appropriate.