Notice of Passing of a Zoning Bylaw

July 4, 2019
Planning & Development
Bylaw 2019-048

TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood passed By-law No. 2019-048 on the 24th day of June, 2019 under Section 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P. 13, as amended.

Amending Zoning By-law No. 2019-048 pertains to a property approximately 1.3 hectares (3.2 acres) in lot area located on the south side of Huron Street. The property is legally described as Part ofWater Lot in front of Lot 44, Concession 8, Parts 1, 3 and 5, Reference Plan 51R-41426 and Part of Peel Street, north of Erie Street Registered Plan 282, Town of Collingwood, County of Simcoe, and is municipally addressed as 70 Huron Street.

THE PURPOSE of amending Zoning By-law No. 2019-048 is to rezone the subject property from the Recreation Exception Seven (REC-7) Zone to Downtown Core Commercial Exception Five (C1-5) Zone to permit the commercial development of an office building.

THE EFFECT of amending Zoning By-law No. 2019-048 is to restrict the permitted uses to business offices and uses accessory thereto, to carry forward the D4 study requirement should new, future uses or buildings be proposed within the Waste Disposal Assessment Area, and to establish specific lot provisions for the subject property.

Effect of Written and Oral Submissions on Decision: Public comments, as summarized in the Planning Staff Report, were considered as part of the decision making process.

AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any person or agency may appeal the By-law to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal by filing with the Clerk of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood, not later than the 24th day of July 2019, an appeal form setting out the objection to the By-law and the reasons in support of the objection, accompanied by the fee required by the Tribunal in the amount of $300.00 which must be in the form of a certified cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. If you wish to appeal to the Tribunal, a copy of an appeal form is available from the Tribunal website.

Only individuals, corporations and public bodies may appeal a by-law to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal. A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group. However, a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or group on its behalf.

No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submissions at a public meeting or written submissions to the council or, in the opinion of the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.

DATED at the Town of Collingwood this 4th day of July, 2019.
Sara Almas, Clerk
Town File No. D084218