NOTICE - Passing of a Zoning By-Law

September 6, 2019
Planning & Development
Shipyards Harbourfront

TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood passed By-law No. 2019-058 on the 26th day of August, 2019 under Section 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O.1990, c.P .13, as amended.

Amending Zoning By-law No.2019-058 pertains to a parcel of land legally described as Part of Block 4,Plan 51M 926, Town of Collingwood, County of Simcoe.The subject property is approximately 0.55 ha (1.36 ac) in area and is located east of North Pine Street near Wheelhouse Crescent. This particular proposal is called the Shipyards Harbourfront Collection.

THE PURPOSE of amending Zoning By-law No. 2019-058 is to rezone the subject property from the Deferred Residential (DR) zone to the Residential Third Density Exception Fifty-Nine (R3-59) zone.

THE EFFECT of amending Zoning By-law No. 2019-058 is to create a Residential Third Density Exception Fifty Nine (R3-59) zone with site-specific exceptions to allow the proposed development of 13 townhouse dwellings on the subject property. These exceptions include reductions to the minimum front yard, interior side yard and rear yard setbacks, a reduction in setback for an unenclosed porch/step to a lot line and a decrease in the minimum landscaped open space requirement.

Effect of Written and Oral Submissions on Decision: Public comments,as summarized in the Planning staff report, were considered as part of the decision making process.

AND TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that any person or agency may appeal the By-law to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal by filing with the Clerk of the Corporation of theTown of Collingwood,not later than the 25th day of September 2019,an appeal form setting out the objection to the By-law and the reasons in support of the objection, accompanied by the fee required by theTribunal in the amount of $300.00 which must be in the form of a certified cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Finance. If you wish to appeal to the Tribunal, a copy of an appeal form is available from the Tribunal website.

Only individuals,corporations and public bodies may appeal a by-law to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal. A notice of appeal may not be filed by an unincorporated association or group.However,a notice of appeal may be filed in the name of an individual who is a member of the association or group on its behalf.

No person or public body shall be added as a party to the hearing of the appeal unless, before the by-law was passed, the person or public body made oral submissions at a public meeting or written submissions to the council or, in the opinion of the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.