Sidelaunch Days are back August 10-11 with new ways to enjoy Collingwood’s Harbour
Sidelaunch Days is a two-day multi-venue, multi-recreational event celebrating the joy of being in, on, and around South Georgian Bay while commemorating the unique shipbuilding heritage of Collingwood. With activities for all ages, Sidelaunch Days is a great family festival with lots of ways for everyone to get involved.
Getting out on the water is a big part of Sidelaunch Days. Visitors can try out canoeing, kayaking, sailing, and stand up paddle-boarding for free! They can also catch the excitement by watching the experts compete, or even trying to compete themselves!
The Ontario SUP Race Series stops in Collingwood featuring demos and races in Collingwood Harbour. From different beginner events to sprints and distance races, there’s something for every paddler.
SUP Competition specifics:
- Technical Races (for novices to experts) – Saturday, August 10 at 11:00 AM
- Sprints - Saturday, August 10 at 2:30 PM
- Long Distance Race - Sunday, August 11 at 10:00 AM
Cable wakeboarding is back as well, with lessons on Thursday and Friday. It’s a great way to try out wakeboarding in the beautiful, safe, and protected Collingwood Harbour. The team at Border Pass even offer a Get Up Guarantee or it’s free! The Battle in the Bay premier cable wakeboarding competition will also run during the weekend. Be thrilled and astounded by the sweet flips and crazy tricks the beginners, intermediates, and pro’s perform.
Wakeboard Competition specifics:
- Beginner & Intermediate Categories – Friday, , August 9 at 2:00 PM – 4:15 PM
- Team Battle – Saturday, August 10 at 12:45 PM - 2:30 PM
- Cash 4 Tricks – Sunday, August 11 at 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Finals- Sunday, August 11 at 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
There’s lots more free fun and activities:
- Stroll the Market Promenade beside the Sidelaunch Basin: There’s something for everyone along the eats, treats, and art promenade, featuring over 25 vendors
- Visit the Kids Craft & Activity Centre: Create and take home old fashioned hand held games. Presented by Re/Max Four Season Realty.
- Come by the new Dockside Bar beside Heritage Drive. Featuring samples from Side Launch Brewing and Georgian Bay Spirit Co, along with a full bar and delicious food from Cabin Bistro, this will be an ideal place to watch the SUP and cable wakeboarding competitions from. The Dockside Bar will also feature Live & Original musicians from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM on Saturday and 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM on Sunday afternoon.
- NEW! Cheer on the Woofjock Dock Diving Dog Show: “Canine All Stars” will astound the audience with their speed, agility and obedience in a fast-paced dog diving one-of-a-kind show! Plus the WoofJocks’ have their special brand of un-fur-gettable comedy the whole family will love. Saturday August 10 at 11;30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 3:30 PM.
- Watch Kites over Collingwood at Millennium Park: Participants can bring their own kites or decorate a complimentary one on site and enjoy the winds at Millennium. Or just relax and watch the professionals with their colourful array of large scale kites soaring high above Collingwood Harbour on Sunday, August 11 from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM!
- Attend a great evening concert at the Amphitheatre on Sunday night at 7:00 PM featuring Freedom Train: This power-trio performs at over 200 shows annually, including Massey Hall and MGM Grand in Las Vegas, winning audiences with their spin on classic rock, R&B, funk, and reggae. Come celebrate the best timeless classics from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s starting at 7:00 PM!
This full weekend of fun in Collingwood starts on Saturday morning at the famous downtown Collingwood Farmers’ Market.
For details on these activities and other festival events visit www.sidelaunchdays.ca
Collingwood is a bustling town filled with energy, creativity, and the natural beauty of South Georgian Bay.
As one of the top places in Ontario to open and operate a small business, Collingwood boasts a growing population and a thriving business community. Collingwood acts as gateway to the South Georgian Bay region, with stunning landscapes that encourage an active lifestyle, and inspire the local arts & culture community. Collingwood is home to an exceptional primary, secondary, and post-secondary education system, as well as integrated healthcare services, recreational facilities and a wide range of shopping choices.
Only 90 minutes from Toronto, Collingwood holds a unique position as both a business leader and a recreational gem. Experience big city amenities, in a small-town harbourfront community.
Be part of the Collingwood experience at www.facebook.com/ExperienceCollingwood.