The Town’s Public Art Program is administered by the Parks Recreation and Culture department and aims to enrich the lives of Collingwood residents and visitors by enhancing public spaces, fostering cultural identity and pride, promoting creativity, and encouraging dialogue among citizens.
The Town of Collingwood offers a free art hanging space in Council Chambers to display local artist’s original work. The program strives to reflect the area’s diverse arts practices and encourage a link between visual artists and the community. Collective or joint submissions from a minimum of 2 artists are preferred. There is no participation or commission fee. Artwork must be suitable for a community space that includes a 50’ hanging rail and 12’ ceilings designed for two-dimensional artwork installed using the existing suspended cables and hooks.
- TBD with Town and Artist
Submission Requirements – Deadline: Applications are accepted at anytime.
- Completed application form (available by contacting email@example.com)
- Brief bio of each artist participating
- Three (3) images of each artist’s work (representative of recent work) with title, medium and size
All proposals will be reviewed. Preference will be given to Collingwood artists (residents, tenants, property owners).
Questions? Contact Coordinator, Arts & Culture firstname.lastname@example.org or 705.444.2500 ext. 3287
Deadline: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Terms of Entry
- Artwork must be suitable for exhibition in Council Chambers, a community space. The amount of work will be appropriate and of the same quality and theme as described in the application.
- Artwork must be ready to hang upon arrival utilizing the existing system. Artists are responsible for hanging and removing their own work with the assistance of Town staff.
- The Town of Collingwood reserves the right to remove any work at anytime and agrees to contact the Artist upon removal.
- There is no participation fee or commission for work sold. The Town of Collingwood will not be responsible for artwork sales. Artwork sold may be replaced by a work of similar quality and theme.
- Title cards will not be attached to the walls. Artists must provide a bio, statement about the exhibition, photograph (if available) and list of artwork with contact information for display.
- Insurance will be provided by the Town. Two weeks prior to installation, artists must submit a list that includes title, date, dimensions, description and value of each artwork.
- Artists may host a reception in Council Chambers (weekday during regular business hours), on a date and time mutually agreeable to the artists and the Town of Collingwood. Alcohol is not permitted. Artists are responsible for all aspects of the reception including coordinating, promoting and providing for the reception. All clean-up and replacement of room arrangement is also the responsibility of the artists.
- The Town will promote the exhibition on the Town’s website.
- In the event that this program is unable to accommodate a proposed exhibit, applications may be forwarded to the Library for consideration. Information about the gallery at the Library is available at www.collingwoodpubliclibrary.ca