Culture & History
The following activities celebrate Collingwood’s history and cultural scene and are designed to be done in Downtown Collingwood!
Locate the five historic winter photos.
• Take a stroll back in time and explore the historic winter photos posted downtown. Click here to get more details on each of the signs.
Experience the downtown holiday lights.
• Take a walk downtown. How many trees are decorated in lights?
Follow one of Collingwood’s Historic Walks.
• Download the routes here.
Visit a local art gallery.
• Collingwood Downtown is home to several art galleries and artist studios.
• Click here for a listing.
Find our four heritage murals.
• Four heritage murals depicting some bygone days of Collingwood are located outdoors. Find all of Collingwood's public art here.
Spot the old skis at the Museum.
• Find the set of historical skis at the Collingwood Museum.
• Book your Museum tour by calling 705-445-4811.
Build a snowman at the Museum.
• The Collingwood Museum was once a popular
location for snowman building. Bring back a tradition and build a snowman creation.
Follow and read the Winter StoryWalk©
• Take a journey on the Train Trail and follow our Winter StoryWalk©.
Pick-up a Museum boxcar drive-in kit.
• Visit the Collingwood Museum or the Library to pick-up your craft kit to help get you started.
Borrow a winter book from the Library.
• Check out a wide selection of winter-themed books for various ages.
• Explore all the Library has to offer here.
Try knitting. Find help from the Library knitters’ group.
• Have you tried knitting? Join the Collingwood Public Library knitters' group.
Build your family tree. Find help from Library staff.
• This is a free service for Collingwood Public Library Card holders.
• Sign up for a library card if you haven't done so already here.
Brush up on your Tech Skills, join Tech Time with Gordon at the Library.
• Want to become more tech savvy? Come to this series of workshops that will teach you the basics of all the latest technology.