Parks & Facilities Rentals

Return to Play

The Central Park Arena will be opening for service as of Monday, August 17, 2020 with reduced hours. As we welcome the public back to the Central Park Arena, the safety of our staff and users is a top priority. The following Return to Play procedure has been developed in accordance with standards and directives set by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and the Ontario government. It consists of three parts:

Part 1: COVID-19 Recreation Facility User Safety Plan

The COVID-19 Recreation Facility User Safety Plan must be completed by the individual in whose name the rental agreement stands (for the ice rental), using the Form provided by the Town of Collingwood (see Schedule “A”). This individual is responsible for preparing a User Safety Plan, for review and subsequent approval by Town of Collingwood Recreation Facilities Manager or designate and for ensuring adherence to the approved Plan. Copies of the User Safety Plan Form and 3rd Party COVID Terms of Reference are available online through the Town’s website. The online form is automatically distributed to Town staff upon submission, while the fillable PDF must be emailed to Darin Potts, Hard copies of the form are also available upon request to ensure AODA compliance.

Part 2: Terms and Conditions

The Terms and Conditions document must be signed by the individual in whose name the rental agreement stands. The signed Terms and Conditions document is to be sent to each participant referenced by the rental contract holder to ensure that all users possess a clear understanding of Terms and Conditions of the rental agreement and corresponding Safety Plan. A signed copy of the rental agreement must be sent by e-mail to Darin Potts,, by the rental agreement holder.

Part 3: Participant Log / Visitor Screening Form

The 3rd Party COVID-19 Terms of Reference form is required to be completed by the contract holder, as well as the person whose name is on the rental agreement must provide a list of participants. This participant list will be submitted to the Town in an envelope provided with the name, date, and time of rental.


I’m the holder of a rental agreement. What do I need?

  1. Complete the Facility User Safety Plan and submit it to
  2. Review and sign off that you understand the Terms and Conditions of your rental. Submit the signed form to The terms and conditions must be circulated to every participant in your to ensure a clear understanding of the terms and conditions.
  3. Complete and sign off on the 3rd Party COVID Terms of Reference Forms. Submit the signed form to
  4. Ensure a complete list of participants is submitted prior to entry into the facility.

I’m a parent/guardian of a participant. What do I need?

  1. Clearly understand the terms and conditions of the rental that is being participated in.
  2. Ensure that your child is listed on the participant list submitted to the Town. The ice rental agreement holder (or designate) is responsible for submitting this list to facility staff.

Where can I find more infomation about the COVID-19 Health & Saftey Rules in place?

  1. More details on our COVID-19 Health & Saftey Rules for Facilities, Arenas and Spectators can be found at the bottom of this page.

Document Links:


Permitting for Facilities & Program Registrations 

The Coordinator of Registration & Permits is responsible for permitting all facilities and coordinating program registrations. For more information, please contact

This includes but is not limited to:

  • All parks and greenspace
  • Soccer pitches and baseball diamonds
  • Multi-use and tennis courts
  • Eddie Bush Memorial Arena and Central Park Arena ice rentals
  • Central Park outdoor ice rentals
  • Station rentals and programs
  • Centennial Aquatic Centre rentals and programs
  • Curling Club from April to October
  • Tables, chairs, staging
  • Arena advertising

PRC Rental Fees

Rental fees are dependent on location, time of use, and degree of public access among other factors. Rental fees listed below do not include applicable taxes. For a full listing of the PRC Fees & Services please click here

PRC Fees and Services Charges are listed by:

  • Programs
  • Port of Collingwood
  • Rentals - Parks/Fields
  • Rentals - Service
  • Rentals - Facilities
  • Special Event Permits
  • Collingwood Museum

Special Event Permits

For the purposes of the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department of the Town of Collingwood, a special event will be defined as a one-time or infrequently occurring event outside normal programs or activities of the organizing body and/or host facility. All special events taking place on municipal property require a Special Event permit. There are specific timelines which must be adhered to if your event is to be approved and issued a Special Event permit. The Special Events Permit Application and Municipal Alcohol Policy are available here.


To make your booking, contact a Recreation Service Advisor, at 705-444-2500 x3382,

COVID-19 Health & Safety Rules