Welcome to RallyPoint, a new one stop community hub linking you to online classes, workshops and virtual experiences related to physical activity, well-being, education, culture, music, dance and much more.
At this time when we're all affected by the need for physical distancing due to the spread of COVID-19, it's important now more than ever to come together and celebrate the innovation and talent that's happening in our local community and the world.
If you are in Collingwood and surrounding area and have a free or fee based offering, and would like to list it here, please fill out the "Submit an Offering" webform below, and we will add it to our RallyPoint hub.
If you have a fun photo or video of what you're doing at home to stay connected and together, don't forget to share and tag us at #cwoodtogetherathome
Thank You & Stay Safe
Welcome to Camp Collingwood
Summer is going to look a bit different this year. While many of our local camps are not available this summer, Camp Collingwood aims to bring activities to you virtually. Your camp experience would be not be complete without our theme button badges. Visit the Collingwood Public Library during curbside pick-up hours and collect a new button badge every week!
Explore new themes every week with activities designed for all ages! Do you have a question or are looking for resources? Please email us at email@example.com.
Share your Camp Collingwood experience with us using the tag #campcollingwood.
Click on the links below and start your Camp Collingwood adventure!
On Your Arts - Get Set - GO! Week 2: Lavender Fun
On Your Arts - Get Set - GO! Week 1: Silver Birch Trees
- Dice Game
- Clay Baking
- Canada Week Activities
- Canoe Activity Booklet
- Making Finger Puppets
- ISpy- Beginner
- ISpy- Intermediate
- ISpy- Advanced
- Printable Canada Blank Map
- Active Day Recipe
Author Talk: Kiss The Ground You Walk On, Canada!
Join us to celebrate Canada Day with a local author George Czerny-Holownia
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 2:00 PM
Family & Intergenerational
Heritage Feature Video
On Your Arts - Get Set - GO!
Canada Week Playlist
Live Stream every Monday @ 7PM on the Simcoe Street Theatre's Facebook page
*Be sure to Like & Follow for notifications on Live Performances
Hosted by John Eaton, this weekly Facebook Live show will spotlight the musings and music of our community. Featuring guest appearances from local artists, businesses, and organizations that continue to support our vibrant local music community through online initiatives and virtual events.
In 100 years, what do you want the residents of Collingwood to know about the challenges we are facing today and how are overcoming them? The Collingwood Museum wants to hear how COVID-19 is impacting you.
Virtual Literary Collectors' Night · July 28 · 7:00 PM
Has your interest in a specific book, series or genre resulted in a personal collection? Big or small, we want to hear about it!
Perhaps you collect, comics, works by a specific author, or memorabilia related to books? Do you have a Hogwarts-themed room in your home, a bottle of raspberry cordial in your pantry, or every edition of The Hobbit on your shelf? This event is for you!
Interested in joining but don't have an item to share? As a viewer, you'll have the ability to ask questions and join the conversation without the pressure of being on screen. (Viewers must still register to access the Zoom session.)
- Madison Aurora Youtube Channel
- Quarter Century Theatre Presents Teddy Bear Theatre Episode 1 Part 1 & Episode 1 Part 2
- Neomi Nemeth- Violin covers of existing songs, classical pieces and original compositions. Available for viewing any time
- Route 26- Virtual Music Offerings- Support Local Artists
- Blue Mountain Creator Space Digital Arts Lab
- Virtual Poetry and the Spoken Word
- Stories of Collingwood courtesy of the Collingwood and District Historical Society
- Collingwood Museum Children's Programming
- "Remember This" Historic Photographs and Articles courtesy of the Collingwood Museum
- Collingwood Web Designs have created some free happy images of Collingwood- Download & Colour
- Water Levels: What's Going On? The factors that drive water levels and extreme variability-Presented by David Sweetnam, Executive Director of Georgian Bay Forever
- Collingwood Oxford Learning- Free Academic Placement Assessment & Oxford Online Classes
- Georgian College South Georgian Bay Campus- Free Computer Basics Course
- Training for Life-Home Alone Course for ages 9-12 This online 3 hour course teachers children how to be safe and confident staying Home Alone
- Teaching Kids Business with Jeff Brown- Social Venture Providing Resources, Skills and Experiences to Engage Kids from K-12 in preparing for Business
- June is Recreation & Parks Month- we challenge you to see how many JRPM activities you can accomplish on the JRPM BINGO Board
- Water Smart Resources from the Lifesaving Society- For kids & adults
- Live Life Fit- Virtual Classes for All Ages & Abilities
- GoodEnergy Conditioning-A Variety of Online Zoom Classes from Monday- Saturday
- Learning to Knit at Home with the Collingwood Public Library
- A Series of weekly Virtual Visits for Seniors in 3 languages- English, French & Swedish
- Youth Unlimited/YFC Collingwood-Activity for Teens needing to chat with someone via online or phone Monday- Saturday from 12pm-12am (Noon to Midnight)
- Second Wind Pilates Plus
- Yoga First and Spa- YouTube Channel
- F45- 45 Day Challenge- At Home Workouts, Daily Meal Plans & Goal Setting
- Mind Body Soul Miracles- 8:30am Monday Guided Meditation to Recentre and Reduce Stress
- Yoga Journey- Daily Livestream Yoga Classes suitable for all levels of practice- Classes run Monday-Sunday
- Big Heart Fitness- Virtual Personal Training, Yoga & Pilates
- Zumba with Jenny and Yim- 1 hour Zumba Class (Tuesday & Thursday at 7:15pm) +join private group
- Maizis Martial Arts Academy
Window Art- Get those creative juices flowing - design some window art! Many of us are taking socially-distanced walks through Collingwood neighborhoods and this is a wonderful way to spread community support and cheer!
Join the movement as Collingwood comes together every night at 7:30pm to show support for front-line workers by banging pots & pans or playing musical instruments at the end of your driveway. Please always exercise physical distancing but have some fun and make some noise!
Spread Happiness- The Collingwood Public Library is challenging our community to spread happiness by saying "hello" or "thank you" to the Frontline Workers. Write a letter or draw a picture and we will make sure it gets to the right person. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your submission. All ages can participate
- Canada's Wonderland Roller Coaster Experience
- Toronto Zoo Livestream of the Ring-Tailed Lemurs
- Field Trips Around the Globe
- Georgia Aquarium
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- 3D National Park Tour
- National Park Tour
- Nasa Research Centre
- Live Creature Feature from Winnipeg's Assiniboine Park and Zoo (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
- Play Board Games Virtually
Physical Activity & Programs
- YMCA Online Fitness Classes
- Online Workouts
- The Camp TC
- Queen's University Athletics & Recreation
- Active For Life- Check out the printable recipe for an active day
- Participaction- Discover great tips, ideas, motivation and information to support activity, improve sleep and reduce stress
- Cooking Healthy Meals
- Recreational Respite- Virtual Services for Adults, Youth and Children
- Alzheimer Society of Ontario- Check out the Brain Booster activites. Puzzles, crosswords and word searches are a great way to keep your brain active
- Connex Ontario Help Line (24/7) Mental Health & Addictions system navigation and information
- Kids Helpline (24/7) private service- No matter what you want to talk about there is someone to listen, without judgement or Text 686868 or Call 1-800-668-6868
- Big White Wall- Online peer-to-peer community support for your mental health
- Mental Health is a global pandemic. How to look out for our mental health during COVID-19
- Simcoe County Crisis Line (24/7) Canadian Mental Health Association of Simcoe County -Local 705-728-5044 or Toll Free 1-888- 893-8333
- Social Distance Powwow
- Indigenous Jingle Dress Dancing
- Cirque du Soleil virtual shows at home
- The Villains Theatre- Isolate Nights
- Novel Online Plays
- Museum Tours Around the Globe
- Online Documentaries
- The Social Distancing Festival
- Anne Frank House - Watch videos about Anne Frank's life; virtually explore the Secret Annex; and look around the house where she lived before going into hiding
- Tour of the Louvre include a walkthrough of the Egyptian antiquities wing and a view of the Museum's moat which was built in 1190 to protect Paris from invaders
- Celebrate creativity and promote a positive culture by spotlighting the best sides of humanity - from the lighthearted and fun to the thought-provoking and enlightening.
- Virtual visitors can explore seven different sections of the Vatican Musuem
- Virtually explore the Smithsonian from your living room
- National Film Board of Canada
- Hot Docs at Home
- "Remember This" Historic Photographs and Articles courtesy of the Collingwood Museum
- Great Northern Exhibition Craft Ideas
- Simcoe County Letters to Seniors, A Pen Pal Program
- Collingwood Downtown Walking Tour
- Collingwood West Side Walking Tour
- Collingwood East Side Walking Tour
- Collingwood Look-Up Walking Tour