Recreation Services Representative (Part-Time)
Reporting to the Manager, Community Recreation, Recreation Services Representatives contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Parks Recreation and Culture Department by providing direct and exceptional customer service to patrons. Promptly respond to patrons in a courteous and professional manner through a variety of methods (e.g. in person, by telephone, email, etc.). Perform a variety of reception and administrative routines and cashier functions including checking in/out facility users, program registrations for all PRC programs, payment of fees, establishing memberships, directing patrons to appropriate programs or resources as required. Promote and support all Parks, Recreation & Culture (PRC) services, operations and events. Main duties are in the areas of customer service, registration and permits and cashier.
Experience and Qualifications:
- OSSD, or equivalent, combined with three (3) months’ of related customer service or business-related experience required.
- Excellent customer service dealing effectively and courteously with the general public, community groups and staff is required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and communications skills, together with the ability to multi-task and participate as a team player.
- Experience with cash register, debit machine, and office equipment including fax, photocopier, calculator and scanner.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skill is required. Knowledge of recreational software is an asset.
- Knowledge of local parks, recreation and cultural activities is an asset.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including morning, daytime, evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Possess Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) satisfactory to the Employer and a valid standard first aid and CPR/AED level “C” certificate.