Online Services Help
Welcome to the Town of Collingwood Online Services.
Are you looking for help? We hope to answer your questions here.
If you cannot find your answer in the information below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-445-1030.
- From the Portal Home page, click on Register in the top right corner.
- Enter your email address; this becomes your Login ID.
- Create a password and re-enter to confirm. Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters long.
- Click “Next Step” and complete the remaining contact information fields.
- Ensure to complete the "I am not a robot" field at the end by entering in the characters you see in the image and submit.
- Once you complete these steps, you will receive an email to confirm your account. Click on the link with the message to validate your account.
- You can now sign into the web portal and begin to submit permits, service requests or by-law cases.
There are a couple of things to check:
- You should receive an email within 15 minutes of registering. However, sometimes emails can be delayed for reasons out of our control. Give it a couple more minutes.
- Did you spell your email address correctly? If you are not sure, you could try registering again with the same email address. If we already have that email on file you will see a message indicating “An account already exists for this username.”
- Check your junk folders. Sometimes messages end up in places we don't intend.
If the suggestions above don't help, please contact us and provide your email address so we can activate your account for you.
You can see all the permits, service requests and by-law cases that you submitted using the web portal, by signing in then clicking "My Items". Each section expands by clicking on the title, or to see all your items, click on the "Expand All" link. Additionally, you will be able to see the status of your submissions here.
You can upload documents and photos that have the following extensions when you create a new permit, planning application or by-law complaint:
.PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
.JPG (photo or image)
.PNG (photo or image)
.TIF (photo or image),
Documents with other extensions will not be uploaded.
Submitted documents and photos must be under 50MB in size.
If you would like to upload more documents or photos to your existing permit, service request or by-law case:
- Sign in to the web portal, click on My Items
- Find the item and click on it to open it.
- Scroll down to the Upload Additional Documents section.
- Click the Browse... button and select the file you wish to upload.
- Fill in the short description field and click Upload Document
From the Sign In page:
- Click the "Forgot Password" link.
- Enter the email address for your account.
- Click the Reset Password button.
- You will receive an email with a link to change your password
To request an inspection for your existing permit:
- Sign into the web portal and click on My Items
- Click My Permit Applications and find the permit.
- If the permit has an inspection waiting to be completed, you will see a "Request Inspection" button. Click on it.
- Select the inspection you would like to schedule and click on Next Step.
- Fill in the date, time and notes fields. Make sure to fill in the "I am not a robot" field at the bottom and click on Next Step.
- Our Town Building Assistant will receive a message indicating your request.
- Check back later in My Items under My Upcoming Inspections to see when the inspection has actually been scheduled for.
If you don't see a "Request Inspection" button under your permit in My Items, please call or email us: 705-445-1030 or email@example.com.
There are a few points to note:
- Make sure you are logged into the Public Portal.
- A separate application is required for each dog you own.
- All dogs are classified as "New" when you apply online for the first time, in future years you will see an online renewal option.
- Lifetime dog licences are not currently available online, but can be purchased at Town Hall.
- Click Apply for a Dog Licence from the Public Portal home page
- Enter in your dog's name and brief description and click Next
- Select your dog's breed and colour and indicate if your dog is spayed, neutered and/or microchipped by inputting the neccesary details then click Next Step: Owner
- Confirm your contact details and address - you will be the person who is contacted should your dog be recovered by Animal Control or a neighbour. Updates can be made on your My Account page after initital registration.
- If the dog lives at the same address you entered, check off the Use My Location box or enter the appropriate address where the dog lives in Collingwood.
- Review your application to ensure it is correct and use the Previous Step option should you need to make corrections.
- Select Make Payment which will direct you to a payment processesing page for your credit card information, then click Process Transaction. A receipt will be emailed to you.
- You will see a summary of the transaction and your information will then be reviewed by Town staff to issue and mail out a dog tag.
- At any time you can check the status of your dog licence in the My Items section.
- Pending Tag Assignment - Your application is pending confirmation and dog tag assignment. (Typically takes 1-3 business days).
- Active - A tag has been assigned and mailed to your registered address
Acceptance of Agreement
All materials displayed or otherwise accessible through the Site, including without limitation, text, logos, graphics, photographs, images, and illustrations (collectively, the “Content”) are protected under applicable Canadian and foreign copyright, trademark and other proprietary and intellectual property laws or other laws. You acknowledge that the Content is the property of the Town or of its respective owners, as indicated, or as the case may be. In addition, the Site is protected under copyright law as a collective work and/or compilation pursuant to Canadian and foreign laws. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such Content or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 3, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content or document obtained through the Site. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information and restrictions on or contained in any of the Content to which access is gained through the Site.
Limited Right to Use
Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted the right to access, view and use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, and are granted the right to download, store, and print single copies of items comprising the Content for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content.
Editing, Deleting and Modification
The Town reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information, forms or other content appearing on the Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Town and its officials, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable lawyer’s fees, related to your violation of the Agreement or use of the Site.
The Town provides the Site on an “as-is”, “as available”, basis. The Town does not make any express or implied warranties, representations, or endorsements with respect to the Site including, but not limited to, warranties as to merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, operations, non-infringement, usefulness, completeness, accuracy and reliability. Further, the Town does not represent and warrant that the Site will be available or meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, failures or errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of your data, hardware and software and to take reasonable and appropriate precautions against viruses and other contaminating or destructive properties.
The Town is not responsible for and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages whatsoever, including any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Site, even if the Town has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the “Act”) applies to all information collected by the Town on the Site. The information will only be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act.
Third Party Sites
This Site may allow you to link to or from other third-party sites (“the Other Sites”). The Town does not operate or control the products or services offered by the Other Sites. The Town does not review, endorse or approve the Other Sites and is not responsible for any Other Sites. You agree that linking to or using Other Sites is at your sole risk and that the Town will not be responsible or liable for any damages arising from linking to or use of the Other Sites. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Other Sites will apply to you while on those sites and the Town will not be responsible for information provided to you on the Other Sites.
No Harmful Use
You agree not to introduce into or through the Site any information or material which may be harmful to others. You warrant that information or material that you provide to the Site electronically through your access to or use of the Site does not infringe the rights of any person or entity.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you shall not:
• interfere with or disrupt the Site or computer networks connected thereto;
• impersonate any other person or entity or make any misrepresentation or defamatory or libellous statements;
• upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material or information to the Site which contains a computer virus or other code, files or programs intended in any manner to disrupt or interfere with the functioning of the Site;
• use the Site in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems or networks of others or attempt to gain unauthorized entry or access to any password-protected or restricted areas of the Site or the Town’s computer or network systems;
• violate any law or regulation or any generally accepted Internet practice or interfere with any other Site user’s ability to use the Site and any of the services or products provided on the Site;
• forge, alter or modify in any way any of the agreements, policies or other information posted or accessible within the Site;
• delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity; o
• manipulate or otherwise display the site by using framing or similar navigational technology.
Termination of Site Use
At the Town’s sole discretion, the Town may terminate or refuse to permit the use of any services on the Site and of the Site by any person, for any reason and without notice.
The Site and the Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable in the province, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any claims, disputes or legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the Site or the Agreement shall be brought solely in the courts of the Province of Ontario. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts to determine any claim, action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with the Site and the Agreement.
Expiry or termination of the Agreement
The provisions of this section and sections of this Agreement shall survive the expiry or termination of the Agreement for any reason.
The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Town and you regarding the use of the Site. The Town’s failure to insist upon or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce such provision. If any part of the Agreement is determined to void, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts will not be affected and will remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with the Agreement, the Agreement shall take precedence.