The roles of the Clerk include the preparation and circulation of Council documents and maintaining the original copies of all by-laws and minutes of Council. The Clerk is also responsible for requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and for the conduct and administration of Municipal elections. The Clerk also officiates weddings and issues licenses including marriage, lottery and business licences, is the main contact for the municipal insurance program, processing of claims, municipal property aquisition and dispositions, and issuance of boulevard encroachment permits related to Downtown patios and merchandise areas.
There are Commissioners of Oaths available within the Clerk's Office and the Mayor's Office for signing affidavits and statutory declarations. There is a $15.00 fee for this service and government issued photo ID is required. Please call ahead to ensure there is a Commissioner available.
- Deputation Request Form
- Business Licensing Application
- Boulevard Encroachment Information and Application Form (Downtown Patios and Merchandise Areas)
- Marriage Licence Information & Application Form
Office of the Mayor
- Application - Congraulatory Certificate Form
- Application - Invitation for the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Council to attend and Event
- Application - Request for Letter - Welcome, Support and/or Congratulations
- POLICY - A09-C2017-02 Public Awareness Campaign Policy - Updated Pilot Project May 2021
- Application - Proclamation, Flag Raising and Town Hall Clock Tower Lighting Request Form (pilot period July 1 to December 31, 2021)