* Please note there will be no commissioner for oaths or marriance licence issuers avaialable Wednesday, October 31st due to the Strategic Initiatives Meeting being held at the Royal Canadian Legion.
The roles of the Clerk include the preparation and circulation of Council documents and maintaining the original copies of all by-laws and minutes of Council. The Clerk is also responsible for requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and for the conduct and administration of Municipal elections. The Clerk also officiates weddings and issues licenses including marriage, lottery and taxi licences.
The Clerk’s Office also maintains the animal shelter facility and enforces Town by-laws relating to licensing, property standards, animal control (including exotic pets), parks, signs, fireworks, firearms, motorized snow vehicles, snow removal, retail sales on municipal property, tree cutting, long grass and weeds, open air burning, etc. Please visit the By-law Enforcement page for more information.
There are Commissioners of Oaths available within the Clerk's Office and the Mayor's Office for signing affidavits and statutory declarations. There is a $15.00 fee for this service and government issued photo ID is required.
- Business Licensing Application
- Deputation Request Form
- Retail Business Holidays Act Application for Exemption
- Sidewalk Patio & Cafe Application
- Sidewalk Merchandise Application (fillable PDF)
Office of the Mayor
- Application - Congraulatory Certificate Form
- Application - Invitation for the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Council to attend and Event
- Application - Request for Letter - Welcome, Support and/or Congratulations