Application for Minor Variance or Consent

Minor Variance - A minor variance is an application under section 45 of the Ontario Planning Act to seek relief from the provisions of the zoning by-law, extension of legal ‘non-conforming uses’ and special permissions.

Consent - A consent is an application under section 53 of the Ontario Planning Act to sever land from a subject property, lot additions and easements.

Application Submission – COVID 19

Due to our offices being closed, prior to submitting an application for consent or minor variance, Planning Services requires that the applicant or agent schedule a meeting by telephone for application review with the Secretary Treasurer of Committee of Adjustment. This review process is to ensure that the application is complete and all information has been provided.

The applicant or agent will email a copy of the application and sketch plan to  Robin Shugan ( with request to schedule a meeting.  Application review may take anywhere from 15-45 minutes.

Application review meetings must be completed prior to the submission date in order to be deemed received by Planning Services.

Received applications are then subject to a full review by Planning Services.

Application for:  Minor Variance

Application for:  Consent 

Committee of Adjustment meeting schedule 

Application submission, and all pertinent information along with  credit card payment via Town of Collingwood’s online Public Portal

Fees & Services Charges            

If the subject property falls with the jurisdiction of the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA)  or the Grey Sauble Conservation Authority (GSCA) additional fees and approvals may be necessary. Please contact the NVCA or GSCA for more information.



Comments: The comments above are made to the best of our knowledge using all of the information and resources available at the posting time.  The information contained herein is believed to be correct, however, the Town assumes no liability for negligence, inaccuracies or omissions.  Please contact Planning Services at  or 705-445-1290.   

Planning Act:  Individuals who make written submissions with respect to a Planning Act application should be aware that their submission and any personal information in their correspondence will become part of the public record and made available to the Applicant, Committee and Council.