Committee of Adjustment: Minor Variances and Consents

Committee of Adjustment: Minor Variances and Consents 

Minor Variance - A minor variance is an application under section 45 of the Ontario Planning Act to seek relief from the provisions of the zoning by-law, extension of legal ‘non-conforming uses’, and special permissions.

Consent - A consent is an application under section 53 of the Ontario Planning Act to sever land from the subject property, lot additions, and easements.

Minor variance and consents are applications required under the Planning Act, and is a public process through the Committee of Adjustment. All applications are subject to Planning Services review.  

Application forms, sketch plans, and payment can be made via the Town of Collingwood's online public portal

Please see the Committee of Adjustment meeting calender for scheduled hearings and submission deadlines.

Link to minor variance applications

Link to consent applications

Link to Committee of Adjustment meeting schedule  

Link to Fees and Service Charges        

For additional information regarding Committee of Adjustment, minor variances or consents, please contact    


Comments: The comments above are made to the best of our knowledge using all of the information and resources available at the posting time.  The information contained herein is believed to be correct, however, the Town assumes no liability for negligence, inaccuracies, or omissions.  Please contact Planning Services at  or 705-445-1290.   

Planning Act:  Individuals who make written submissions with respect to a Planning Act application should be aware that their submission and any personal information in their correspondence will become part of the public record and made available to the Applicant, Committee and Council.