Paid parking at Sunset Point Park and Princeton Shores, is in effect 7 days a week between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm from the Friday before the Victoria Day holiday until the Thanksgiving Holiday Monday.
Collingwood residents require a digital Resident Parking Pass in order to park for free. Residents of the Town of Wasaga Beach, Town of The Blue Mountains and the Township of Clearview can purchase a digital Non-Resident Parking Pass seasonally to park. All other visitors are charged $10/hour with a daily maximum of $50.
Daily parking fees can be paid in 3 ways:
1) using the HotSpot Parking App;
2) scanning NFC/QR Code on the parking signs and paying through Apple Pay or Google Pay; or,
3) using the parking pay stations located throughout the park.
- The angled parking spaces adjacent to the Enviro Park and the Huron Street Parking Lot are dedicated as resident only parking. These parking areas are available 7 days a week on a first come first served basis for Collingwood residents only with a valid resident parking permit.
- Residents can park for free in any parking area at Sunset Point Park with a valid resident parking permit.
- Two parking spaces are reserved for short-term parking for customers of The Chipper (20 minute maximum).
- Visitors can park in any authroized parking areas other than lots signed for Residents Only
Daily parking fees can be paid in 2 ways:
1) using the HotSpot Parking App: or,
2) scanning NFC/QR Code on the parking signs and paying through Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- The parking lot adjacent to the tennis courts is reserved for Collingwood residents only. This lot is available 7 days a week on a first come first served basis for Collingwood residents only with a valid resident parking permit.
- On-street paid parking is available on both sides of Princeton Shores Blvd. between Hwy 26 W and Princeton Shores Boulevard for visitors.
At this time, waterfront paid parking is only being implemented at Sunset Point Park and Princeton Shores.
No, paper/physical parking permits are not being issued, they are digital only. Resident and Non-Resident parking permits are managed through the HotSpot application by applying for a permit and registering your licence plate(s). Once registered, our by-law staff will be able to determine if you have a valid parking permit for your vehicle based on your licence plate.
If you are having any difficulties registering or for folks that don't have internet access, please call our customer service team at 705-445-1030, press 0 to be connected to our Customer Service Ambassadaors.
Residential owners and residential tenants who are permitted to vote in the Town of Collingwood Municipal Elections.
Property owners and tenants in the neighbouring municipalities of the Town of The Blue Mountains, Town of Wasaga Beach and the Township of Clearview are eligible to purchase a Non-Resident Permit.
Your resident or non-resident parking permit allows you to park for free at the following locations:
- Any authorized lot or area at Sunset Point Park; and
- Any authorized lot or area at Princeton Shores Park.
The following lots/areas can only be used by Collingwood Residents with a valid Resident Permit:
- the 30 angled parking spaces adjacent to the Enviro Park (Sunset Point Park);
- the parking lot off Huron Street (Sunset Point Park); and
- the lot adjacent to the tennis courts off Princeton Shores Blvd.
A resident/non-resident parking permit is valid for the calendar year only (May to October) when paid parking is in effect.
Individuals displaying a valid Accessible Parking Permit are permitted to park for free in all municipal paid parking locations but are required to abide by any time limits that may apply to that location.
Individuals operating a vehicle to which a valid Ontario Veterans Licence Plate is registered and affixed may park for free in all municipal paid parking locations but are required to abide by any time limits that may apply to that location.
No. Businesses are not eligible to vote; therefore, they cannot qualify for a Resident Permit.
If you don’t have access to a computer or cell phone and wish to obtain a parking permit, please call our customer service team for support at 705-445-1030, press 0 to speak with our Customer Service Ambassadors for assistance to manually register you over the phone. Please have your licence plate numbers available to register.
Once you have submitted your application and required documentation, we will process your parking pass request during regular business hours. Please allow 3-5 business days to process your request depending on service level demands. You will receive a confirmation once your request is approved and will be able to complete the steps online or on the app to obtain your parking pass.
Residents will be able to apply for up to 2 parking permits. If there are additional vehicles being used, you can choose to register a third vehicle, for example, and update the active licence plate information on the permit by logging into your HotSpot account.
Non-Residents will be able to apply for 1 parking permit. If there are additional vehicles being used, you can choose to register a second vehicle, for example, and update the active licence plate information on the permit by logging into your HotSpot account.
If you have multiple vehicles listed, please ensure the correct licence plate is active on your HotSpot account before you park.
No, you don't need to have your mobile device with you when you park. Once you have registered online, on the app or with our customer service team, your permit is simply linked to your licence plate. Our By-Law team has plate recognition software that they use to scan your plate and see if you have paid the daily rate or have a permit. After your vehicle(s) are registered, you can simply drive to the park, choose a valid parking spot and enjoy your visit.
The HotSpot support team is available to help troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing in the app or on the website. They can be reached at 1-855-712-5888 or email@example.com.
Customer service ambassadors with the Town of Collingwood can also assist with your application and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-445-1030, press 0.
You should receive a submission confirmation email once you submit your application, as well as as approval or decline email once your application has been reviewed. Its possible these emails have been caught by your spam or junk filers.
Applications are getting approved very quickly during regular business hours, so if you haven't received an email, please contact the Town of Collingwood customer service team at email@example.com or 705-445-1030, press 0.