January 3rd, 2022 - As per the provincial regulations, all recreation facilities will be closed beginning Wednesday, January 5th at 12:01 a.m. Please visit this site for updates.
As we enter the season for colds and flu, we request that you remain at home if you are feeling unwell. If you are registered for a program, it is possible to withdrawal online 24 hrs after you have made payment. To withdraw from a program that you’re registered in online you need to do the following:
- Log into your account
- Select the person whose course information you want to view
- Scroll down to "schedules" and click to expand
- The courses which you have registered for will appear in the calendar, but you may find it easier to "switch to list view".
- Find the course you would like to withdraw from and click on "Actions" on the right hand side
- Select withdraw
There are a few courses where we are experiencing technical issues, which we are working to correct. Plus some courses do not allow online withdrawals. If you experience problems, please call us on 705-444-2500.
SWIM LESSONS: Due to the ever changing environment, we are aiming for a short winter lesson registration beginning mid February. More information will be posted on the website when it becomes available.
VACCINATION PASSPORTS: Please note that as per the Provincial government, proof of vaccination containing a QR code plus identification will be required to enter recreation facilities for all visitors aged 12 and older. This will be required at every visit, so please be prepared.
Please continue to visit this website for the most up-to-date information.
Centennial Aquatic Centre is located in Heritage Park at the corners of Third Street and Spruce Street (451 Third Street). **Google Link** It is operated by the Town of Collingwood Parks, Recreation and Culture Department. Contact our Recreation Service Advisor at 705-444-2500 x3382 for more information.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to click the link above to create your account or to update your login credentials so that you are prepared to register for swim times when they become available. Registration for swim time slots will be available 72 hours in advance. Due to current building capacity restrictions, please arrive 10 minutes before your registered swim time.
For the safety of all participants and staff, please note the following changes:
- Bather loads have been decreased
- A mask must be worn at all times within the building, except when in the pool
- Minimal access to change rooms will be available. Lockers will NOT be available. Please arrive dressed for your swim and leave your valuables at home.
- Swim equipment will not be available for use at the pool. You may bring your own and disinfect at the door. Snorkels are not permitted at this time.
- PFD's will NOT be available at the pool. Participants can bring their own flotation device, however only those with Transport Canada, Canadian Coastguard or CSA approval will be permitted
**Physical distancing must be observed before, during, and after swims
Admittance Policy Updated:
We have new safety measures in addition to our existing admission standards.
- Participants 14 years of age and under MUST be accompanied by a guardian who is a minimum of 15 years of age.
- Each guardian must be in the pool and may only bring a maximum of four children between the ages of 6 and 14, and maximum of two under 6 years of age.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres/6 feet is enforced and must be maintained throughout the swim (with the exception of those who are within your group)
- Admission is limited to five people per group
For Lane Swims:
Appointment spaces are limited to a total of twelve (18) swimmers in the large pool (three per lane) to ensure physical distancing requirements. If you wish to use equipment, you must bring your own.
There will be five (5) spots available for the Warm Water Pool during Lane Swims. This will be for therapeutic exercises. Please note that we do not allow lap style swimming in this pool.
For Open Swims:
Appointment spaces are limited to twenty (20) spots in the main pool and five (5) spots in the Warm Water Pool. Please call Parks, Recreation & Culture to book Open Swim times, 705-444-2500.
These programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should the Town of Collingwood cancel programs beyond the control of our patrons, a credit will be processed to your account to use for a future activity.
Refunds will not be issued for "no shows". If you cannot make your scheduled time, please log into your account and follow the steps to cancel. This will bump someone from the waitlist into your spot. If you cannot access your account or have troubles cancelling, please call the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department to request a transfer to another day/time. Transfers can only be accommodated if space is available.
Current Pass Holders:
All passes will remain on hold until more programs and services can be offered. All registrants must pre-pay online while booking their swim.
AquaFit & Aqua Therapy:
We will be offering times throughout the week for "Uninstructed AquaFit". You are welcome to come and do your own exercises. Time slots will be limited to twenty (20) people in the main pool and five (5) in the Warm Water Pool to adhere to the current change room capacity requirements. Physical distancing is required.
Unfortunately, an instructed Aqua Therapy will not be returning at this time due to the lack of staff availability. You may reserve a spot in the Warm Water Pool during various swim times to get in and do your own therapeutic work in the pool if you desire.
Facility Amenities & Accessibility Features
- Upgraded 6-lane, 25m pool
- Main pool includes a 'lift chair' to assist transfer patrons transfer from the dect to the pool and from the pool to the deck
- Accessible warm-water pool with ramp access
- Multi-purpose room that overlooks both pools
- Interior spectator seating for 250 people
- Facility entry, exit and access to changeroom area accessible with power doors
- Aquatic waterproof chair available to transfer patrons from changerooms to the pool area
- Universal changeroom with hydraulic adult bench as well as accessible cubicles with seating and shower area
- Handrails in areas where required by AODA standards
- Daylighting roof panels to maximize natural light
- Four insulated doors to allow for an open environment in favourable weather
- HVAC system throughout the facility
- Accessible front counter
- Water bottle refill station
- Accessible parking and drop-off area located in close proximity to the front entrance
- Covered bus shleter and stop located on 2nd Street approximately 15 m from the front building entrance
- Identified service animals are welcome in the facility for individuals who may require services
|Water Capacity:||540,000 litres|
|Width:||12 metres/6 lanes|
|Depth (Shallow):||1.1 metres|
|Depth (Deep):||3.0 metres|
|Diving Board:||1 metre|
|Patron Limit:||170 people in pool or on deck|
Parks, Recreation and Culture staff are committed to delivering exceptional and accessible programs and services guided by principals of inclusion, dignity, equity and independence.
Alternative formats of any document created by the Town are available upon request.
Centennial Aquatic Centre is continually imporving accessibility features. If you have a question about an accessibility option please call in advance of your visit to make any additional arrangements.
We welcome your suggestions. Please use our feedback form.
Facility Rental Contact
To rent the Centennial Aquatic Centre, contact our Recreation Service Advisor at 705-444-2500 ext. 3382, email@example.com
Centennial Aquatic Centre offers various programs outlined by Lifesaving Society standards. We offer public swims, Aquafit, lane swims, Learn to Swim lessons, Lifesaving Leadership courses and First Aid & Standard CPR.
Swim Admissions- All prices below are inclusive to HST
Frequent Swim Card
Twelve- Month Pass
Toddler (under 2)
* Family Note: Family includes up to a maximum of two adults and three children
The Collingwood Aquatic Centre offers Lifesaving Leadership courses which prepare participants to become National Lifeguard Service certified. These courses are suitable for swimmers between 8 and 15 years of age. Beginning with the Canadian Swim Patrol, progressing to three Bronze medal awards.Click here for lesson brochure to review course dates and times.
Swim lesson registration is available at the Centennial Aquatic Centre, 451 Third Street. For more information or to register drop in or call today! (705) 444-2500 ext 3382.