Effective June 27, 2022 Centennial Aquatic Centre will be closed due to renovations until early fall. Learn More
As we enter the season for colds and flu, we request that you remain at home if you are feeling unwell. If you are registered for a program, it is possible to withdrawal online 24 hrs after you have made payment. To withdraw from a program that you’re registered in online you need to do the following:
- Log into your account
- Select the person whose course information you want to view
- Scroll down to "schedules" and click to expand
- The courses which you have registered for will appear in the calendar, but you may find it easier to "switch to list view".
- Find the course you would like to withdraw from and click on "Actions" on the right hand side
- Select withdraw
There are a few courses where we are experiencing technical issues, which we are working to correct. Plus some courses do not allow online withdrawals. If you experience problems, please call us on 705-444-2500.
Please continue to visit this website for the most up-to-date information.
Centennial Aquatic Centre is located in Heritage Park at the corners of Third Street and Spruce Street (451 Third Street). **Google Link** It is operated by the Town of Collingwood Parks, Recreation and Culture Department. Contact our Recreation Service Advisor at 705-444-2500 x3382 for more information.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to click the link above to create your account or to update your login credentials so that you are prepared to register for swim times when they become available. Registration for swim time slots will be available 7 days in advance. We have changed registration slightly, you no longer are required to register for the pool you wish to swim in. Please just register for the time slot/program you wish to attend.
Weekly Pool Schedule:
May 30th- June 5th- Please note that there are some partial closures this week due to day-time staffing shortage.
June 6th- June 12th- Please note that there are some partial closures this week due to day-time staffing shortage.
June 13th- June 19th- Please note that there are some partial closures this week due to day-time staffing shortage.
*Pre-registration is still required to ensure that lifeguard to swimmer ratios are maintained during hours where we are short staffed.
**Physical distancing must be observed before, during, and after swims
Spring Swim Lesson Registration:
We’re Back!!! Spring Swim Lesson Registration will start on April 5th at 7:00 A.M. on-line through Perfect Mind. Please see below for course descriptions and schedule.
Advanced Aquatics Leadership Courses:
We are happy to announce that we have teamed up with the Plunge! Aquatics team at Blue Mountain to offer advanced courses the months of March, April and May with more to follow. Please ensure you meet the prerequisites noted below prior to registering.
National Lifeguard RECERT
Sunday May 29th 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Sunday June 5th10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding the courses above, please contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration for these courses is done through Town of Collingwood Perfect Mind https://townofcollingwood.perfectmind.com/. If you have not done so already, you will need to set up a recreation account to register for advanced courses. It's easy to do and takes less than 2 minutes. Just follow the link above. Email updates, information and confirmation will come directly from email@example.com. You can trust that it is from the Town of Collingwood and that it is secure.
Admittance Policy Updated:
We have new safety measures in addition to our existing admission standards.
- Participants 1 years of age and under MUST be accompanied by a guardian who is a minimum of 15 years of age.
Participants will be required to complete a swim test are requested by the lifeguard.
- Each guardian must be in the pool and may only bring a maximum of four children between the ages of 6 and 14, and maximum of two under 6 years of age.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres/6 feet is enforced and must be maintained throughout the swim (with the exception of those who are within your group)
For Lane Swims:
We still require people to pr-register for our swim programs. Appointment spaces are limited to thirty (30) spots (total combination of both pools). This will enable us to maintain our lifeguard to swimmer ratios. We have removed the limitation on swimmers per lane.
The Warm Water Pool will be available for therapeutic exercises. Please note that we do not allow lap style swimming in this pool.
For Open Swims:
We still require people to pr-register for our swim programs. Appointment spaces are limited to thirty (30) spots (total combination of both pools). This will enable us to maintain our lifeguard to swimmer ratios.
Please note that we do not allow lap style swimming in the Warm Water Pool.
These programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should the Town of Collingwood cancel programs beyond the control of our patrons, a credit will be processed to your account to use for a future activity.
Refunds will not be issued for "no shows". If you cannot make your scheduled time, please log into your account and follow the steps to cancel. This will bump someone from the waitlist into your spot. If you cannot access your account or have troubles cancelling, please call the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department to request a transfer to another day/time. Transfers can only be accommodated if space is available.
Current Pass Holders:
All passes will remain on hold until more programs and services can be offered. All registrants must pre-pay online while booking their swim.
AquaFit & Aqua Therapy:
We will be offering times throughout the week for "Uninstructed AquaFit". You are welcome to come and do your own exercises. We still require people to pr-register for our swim programs. Appointment spaces are limited to thirty (30) spots (total combination of both pools). This will enable us to maintain our lifeguard to swimmer ratios. We have removed the limitation on swimmers per lane.
The Warm Water Pool will be available for therapeutic exercises. Please note that we do not allow lap style swimming in this pool. Unfortunately, an instructed Aqua Therapy will not be returning at this time due to the lack of staff availability.
Facility Amenities & Accessibility Features
- Upgraded 6-lane, 25m pool
- Main pool includes a 'lift chair' to assist transfer patrons transfer from the dect to the pool and from the pool to the deck
- Accessible warm-water pool with ramp access
- Multi-purpose room that overlooks both pools
- Interior spectator seating for 250 people
- Facility entry, exit and access to changeroom area accessible with power doors
- Aquatic waterproof chair available to transfer patrons from changerooms to the pool area
- Universal changeroom with hydraulic adult bench as well as accessible cubicles with seating and shower area
- Handrails in areas where required by AODA standards
- Daylighting roof panels to maximize natural light
- Four insulated doors to allow for an open environment in favourable weather
- HVAC system throughout the facility
- Accessible front counter
- Water bottle refill station
- Accessible parking and drop-off area located in close proximity to the front entrance
- Covered bus shleter and stop located on 2nd Street approximately 15 m from the front building entrance
- Identified service animals are welcome in the facility for individuals who may require services
|Water Capacity:||540,000 litres|
|Width:||12 metres/6 lanes|
|Depth (Shallow):||1.1 metres|
|Depth (Deep):||3.0 metres|
|Diving Board:||1 metre|
|Patron Limit:||170 people in pool or on deck|
Parks, Recreation and Culture staff are committed to delivering exceptional and accessible programs and services guided by principals of inclusion, dignity, equity and independence.
Alternative formats of any document created by the Town are available upon request.
Centennial Aquatic Centre is continually imporving accessibility features. If you have a question about an accessibility option please call in advance of your visit to make any additional arrangements.
We welcome your suggestions. Please use our feedback form.
Facility Rental Contact
To rent the Centennial Aquatic Centre, contact our Recreation Service Advisor at 705-444-2500 ext. 3382, firstname.lastname@example.org
Centennial Aquatic Centre offers various programs outlined by Lifesaving Society standards. We offer public swims, Aquafit, lane swims, Learn to Swim lessons, Lifesaving Leadership courses and First Aid & Standard CPR.
Swim Admissions- All prices below are inclusive to HST
Frequent Swim Card
Twelve- Month Pass
Toddler (under 2)
* Family Note: Family includes up to a maximum of two adults and three children
The Collingwood Aquatic Centre offers Lifesaving Leadership courses which prepare participants to become National Lifeguard Service certified. These courses are suitable for swimmers between 8 and 15 years of age. Beginning with the Canadian Swim Patrol, progressing to three Bronze medal awards.Click here for lesson brochure to review course dates and times.
Swim lesson registration is available at the Centennial Aquatic Centre, 451 Third Street. For more information or to register drop in or call today! (705) 444-2500 ext 3382.