Plumbing & HVAC
The information below has been provided to assist in summarizing the typical requirements to obtain a building permit for plumbing or HVAC systems within the Town of Collingwood. Additional information may be required depending on the application type and individual circumstances.
All drawings submitted for building permit applications are required to be prepared and reviewed by a qualified designer, architect or professional engineer or as outlined in the Ontario Building Code.
All drawings prepared by an architect or professional engineer must be sealed, signed and dated. A general review, where required by the Ontario Building Code, is to be conducted during construction by an architect or professional engineer.
The Ontario Building Code requires qualified and registered designers, other than architects or professional engineers, who review and take responsibility for design activities to include the following information on all documents submitted:
- The name and Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) of the registered firm
- A statement that the qualified person has reviewed and taken responsibility for the design activities
- The name and BCIN of the qualified person
- The signature of the qualified person
This is the standard building permit application form for all building permits.
This form is to be used only where the Owner is not the Applicant.
This checklist summarizes the most common approvals required
This form summarizes the Architect and/or Professional Engineer's Building Code design assumptions.
Owner commitment to have general review undertaken by Architects and/or Professional Engineers
|Minor Plumbing (Interior)||$132.10|
|Interceptors (Greas or Oil)||$158.51|
|Site Servicing: Private Property||$8.18 per $1,000 of construction value|
|Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (non-House category)||$369.87|
- Submit the complete permit application and all supporting documents using the Public Portal.
- You must register prior to using the Public Portal
- Follow the steps when completing your application.
- Credit card payment will be required to pay your fees
- When your application is successfully submitted through the Public Portal, Staff will complete a pre-screen of your application to review for completeness, compliance with the Building Code and Applicable Law. A status update will be sent via email within mandated timelines.
- You may also view the status under "My Items" on the Public Portal
- Application review comments are provided during review to identify any outstanding requirements and to summarize permit fees.
- Permit issued when review is complete and all fees are paid.