Resources for Arts & Culture
The 7th Annual Virtual Creative Collingwood Symposium was held on November 25 and the theme was Creativity Under Pressure. More than 60 artists, creative entrepreneurs and cultural workers gathered together virtually to hear 5 panelists speaking for 5 minutes on topics that matter today such as adapting and expanding creativity, sustaining community, collaborating at a distance, nurturing yourself and your creativity and going digital. We look forward to the 2021 Symposium.
The outbreak of COVID-19 presents extraordinary challenges for artists and arts & culture organizations in our community. We’ve compiled some announcements and resources on this page that may be helpful to you.
- Government of Canada: The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB): Benefit of $2000 per month for wage earners, as well as contract workers and self-employed individuals who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance. Click here >>
- Government of Canada: Announced up to 75 percent wage subsidy for qualifying businesses, for up to 3 months retroactive to March 15, 2020. Not-for-profit organizations will be eligible for this wage subsidy. More details to be announced. Click here >>
- Unison: Financial Aid for musicians. Click here >>
- National Arts Centre & Facebook Canada: Fund for Canadian Performers Impacted by COVID-19. Click here >>
- Emergency Fund for Canadian Musicians Tops $1.5 Million (The Star): Click here >>
- Canadian Writers’ Emergency Relief: Emergency Fund for Professional Writers. Click here >>
- The Photographer Fund: A $25,000 fund to help photographers impacted by COVID-19. Click here >>
- Canadian Cinema Worker Fund: For Canadian cinema workers not eligible for EI. Click here >>
- Patreon: Platform to set up recurring support from your fans. Click here >>
- Music Together: A emergency relief fund for Ontario musicians put together by the provincial government and members of the music community. Musicians apply for a one-time $1000 performance fe tiest to a livestream. Click here >>
- Ontario Government: Emergency Order that allows not-for-profit corporations incorporated under the Ontario Corporations Act (CA), the ability to hold virtual meetings; as well as extends the timeframe for AGMs to be held. Click here >>
- Canadian Conversation Institute: Recommendations for Heritage Organizations. Click here >>
- ALC Helps: Lifeline for Canada’s entertainment industry. Click here >>
- Theatre Art Life: Survival Tips for Freelancers. Cick here >>
- CARFAC Canadian Artists Represention: Notice to members and community during Covid-19. Click here>>
- Canada Council for the Arts: Information and Assistance. Click here >>
- The Canadian Dance Assembly: Tools and Supports. Click here >>
- Ontario Non-Profit Network: Resources to Help Non-profits Adapt and Respond to Covid-19. Click here >>
- Canadian Independent Music Association: Information and resources for Canada's Music Industry. Click here >>
- Canadian Actors Equity Association: Represents artists working in theatre, opera and dance. Click here >>
- Canadian Musician: For Canadian artists and the industry that supports them. Click here >>
- Digital Marketing for Creatives - a free webinar held on May 29 with the South Georgian Bay Digital Service Squad. Learn digital marketing tactics and resources, get back to the basics of building a brand and getting your art in front of your target audience, hear about easy, cost-effective ways to sell online.
- County of Simcoe Ask an Expert series to assist businesses and organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. This series will feature experts on topics such as Health and Safety, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Business Planning, Legal and Mental Health as well as a Q&A session.
- South Georgian Bay Small Business Enterprise Centre Events including webinars with the Digital Service Squad like Social Media Legwork & Photography Tips for E-Commerce.
- "Let's Get Digital" South Georgian Bay Facebook Chat Group.
- Business and the Arts: How are you Adapting? A webseries to share approaches, best practices and hopefully to inspire others who may be struggling with adapting during these uncertain times. Click here >>
- Artscape: Navigating COVID-19 Resources for Creatives and Creative Entrepreneurs. Click here >>
- Artscape Daniels Launchpad: Free Online Programming for Artists and Arts Organizations. Click here >>
- The Generator: The Economics of COVID-19 for Individual Art Workers. Click here >>
- CBC: Resources for Canadian Artists and Freelancers. Click here >>
- Globe and Mail: How to apply for EI and other Covid-19 emergency government income supports. Click here>>
- I Lost My Gig: A place for vulnerable freelance artists and gig workers to share their stories and connect. Click here >>
- Collingwood Community Forum
- Route 26: Bringing together Local Musicians and their online Music Offerings. Click here >>
- Social Distancing Festival: A site for celebrating art all over the world and coming together as a community at a time when we need it more than ever. Click here >>