Resources for Arts & Culture
The 7th Annual Virtual Creative Collingwood Symposium was held on November 25 and the theme was Creativity Under Pressure. More than 60 artists, creative entrepreneurs and cultural workers gathered together virtually to hear 5 panelists speaking for 5 minutes on topics that matter today such as adapting and expanding creativity, sustaining community, collaborating at a distance, nurturing yourself and your creativity and going digital. We look forward to the 2021 Symposium.
The outbreak of COVID-19 presents extraordinary challenges for artists and arts & culture organizations in our community. We’ve compiled some announcements and resources on this page that may be helpful to you.
- New Community Building Fund to support non-profit tourism, culture, sport and recreation organizations
- Non-Profit Sector COVID-19 Supports Quick Reference Guide
- Community COVID-19 Supports Quick Reference Guide
- Unison: Financial Aid for musicians
- National Arts Centre & Facebook Canada: Fund for Canadian Performers Impacted by COVID-19
- Emergency Fund for Canadian Musicians Tops $1.5 Million (The Star)
- Canadian Writers’ Emergency Relief: Emergency Fund for Professional Writers
- Patreon: Platform to set up recurring support from your fans.
- ALC Helps: Lifeline for Canada’s entertainment industry.
- Theatre Art Life: Survival Tips for Freelancers.
- CARFAC Canadian Artists Represention: Notice to members and community during Covid-19. Click here>>
- Canada Council for the Arts: Information and Assistance.
- The Canadian Dance Assembly: Tools and Supports.
- Ontario Non-Profit Network: Resources to Help Non-profits Adapt and Respond to Covid-19.
- Canadian Independent Music Association: Information and resources for Canada's Music Industry.
- Canadian Actors Equity Association: Represents artists working in theatre, opera and dance.
- Canadian Musician: For Canadian artists and the industry that supports them.
- Digital Marketing for Creatives - a free webinar held on May 29 with the South Georgian Bay Digital Service Squad. Learn digital marketing tactics and resources, get back to the basics of building a brand and getting your art in front of your target audience, hear about easy, cost-effective ways to sell online.
- County of Simcoe Ask an Expert series to assist businesses and organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic. This series will feature experts on topics such as Health and Safety, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Business Planning, Legal and Mental Health as well as a Q&A session.
- South Georgian Bay Small Business Enterprise Centre Events including webinars with the Digital Service Squad like Social Media Legwork & Photography Tips for E-Commerce.
- "Let's Get Digital" South Georgian Bay Facebook Chat Group.
- Business and the Arts: How are you Adapting? A webseries to share approaches, best practices and hopefully to inspire others who may be struggling with adapting during these uncertain times.
- Artscape: Navigating COVID-19 Resources for Creatives and Creative Entrepreneurs.
- Artscape Daniels Launchpad: Free Online Programming for Artists and Arts Organizations.
- The Generator: The Economics of COVID-19 for Individual Art Workers.
- CBC: Resources for Canadian Artists and Freelancers.
- Globe and Mail: How to apply for EI and other Covid-19 emergency government income supports.
- I Lost My Gig: A place for vulnerable freelance artists and gig workers to share their stories and connect.
- Collingwood Community Forum
- Route 26: Bringing together Local Musicians and their online Music Offerings.
- Social Distancing Festival: A site for celebrating art all over the world and coming together as a community at a time when we need it more than ever.