Emergency Preparedness Week is May 5 - 11, 2019. Are you and your family prepared in case of emergency?
Collingwood, like every municipality, regardless of size and location, can be seriously disrupted by an emergency. This could take the form of a severe storm, flood, fire, chemical spill or similar disaster.
All capable adults are responsible to be prepared for unforeseen emergencies. While nobody can predict an emergency, it is important to plan for a variety of possibilities. Your personal plan can make a significant difference to you and your family's well-being. Emergencies can and do occur without warning.
The resources on this page have been assembled to help you get prepared.
We are happy to provide alternate formats or communication support, on request, for all the resources provided on this page, to ensure that everyone in our community is fully prepared in an emergency. You can contact us at 705-445-3920.
- Town of Collingwood Emgergency Plan
- Emergency Preparedness for the residents of Collingwood
- Free downloadable brochures for every situation
- 72-hour Emergency Kit checklist
- Emergency Preapredness videos
- Ontario Fire Marshal's Office
- Canadian Red Cross
- Emergency Preparedness Week
- Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Emergency Management Ontario
- Transport Canada Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Public Safety Canada
- Health Canada Emergency Preparedness
- Transport Canada Emergency Preparedness
- St. John Ambulance
- Collingwood General and Marine Hospital
- The Weather Network